Coal Addict

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 5:49 pm

Need help...soon.
My G111 coal bed won't die. I'm hardly tending at all...maybe every 20 hrs, and the black rocks continue to glow.
The temp today is (right now, 17:30), is bout 73°, with a predicted low in the low 50s. The end of the week in the 80s, lows in the 60s, yet I couldn't resist throwing another couple of scoops of fresh stuff to the stove. And the stuff ain't cheap this season either. Maybe when I get home from work tomorrow, if it'll ash itself to death, I'll be done. No-ones complaining about the temps in the house, as of yet. It's 72 in my living area, so we'll see what transpires, when the women folk get home from work. (What to do)

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 7:56 pm

72 ? That degrees celcius ? No one knows how hot or cold that is.

You have an eternal flame..use it well.

I would burn tires myself.

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 10:48 pm

72 ° "celsius?" Really? You think my living room is 150° F plus? No one knows what that is? OK. Let's take a pole. Never mind. (Funny stuff, right? That was a joke, I'm guessing).
But I do agree with burning rubber. Problem is, it's been years since I've had a performance car...driveable, so that's not an option, as of right now. Hopefully to be reconciled, in the future.

ShawnLiNy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Waterford
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by ShawnLiNy » Wed. Apr. 12, 2023 9:56 pm

TDF , Tire derived fuel ( same principle as burning anything, correct air flow /fire box temperature and even rubber burns fairly smokeless

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”