This should easily work for you.Lightning wrote: ↑Sat. Mar. 11, 2023 12:43 pmIt shouldn't be that hard.. try this procedure every 12 hours.
1) open the ash door to rev up the fire
2) shake ashes until you see red embers falling
3) fill back up to the top of the fire bricks with fresh coal
4) add secondary air or prop load door open 1/8 inch to prevent puffback
5) leave ash door open till the fresh coal ignites
6) close both doors, set primary combustion air, and done..
You should stay with the stove while the ash door is open or set an alarm to remind yourself. If this doesn't work then there could be other problems like a stalling draft..
What I was describing was for when idling the stove.