Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 4:43 pm

Srosen527
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503 Insert
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by Srosen527 » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 4:46 pm

I couldn’t agree more!

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 4:58 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 4:01 pm

I told the wifey "Look how Coldhouse just dumps the coal in from the bags verses us using the 8.5 oz candy scoop I use to avoid dust." (from Coldhouse's previous vid) She said no.
You should have had her watch how he flushes dog dooky down the sink too…in the house.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 5:25 pm

Clean free energy. Just plug your portable heaters into this.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 5:27 pm

Hoytman wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 4:58 pm
You should have had her watch how he flushes dog dooky down the sink too…in the house.
Yes David. Here it is.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t

Post by Hoytman » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 5:40 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 5:27 pm
Yes David. Here it is.
:lol: Only person I know that does that, but hey….different strokes for different folks. I have known a few to let their dogs eat off of their plates and drink out of the toilet. Yuck!!

Hoytman

Post by Hoytman » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 5:44 pm

Our lab is in the house…and I absolutely despise animals in the house…although I’ll concede the dogs are smarter for it. I don’t say much to the wife because I remembered two things my dad told me when I was young and way back when I got married…

1. Pick your battles.
2. If you’re going to have any friends at all in life you’re going to have to put up with some things you don’t like. I consider my wife my best friend.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 5:47 pm

Hoytman wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 5:44 pm
Our lab is in the house…and I absolutely despise animals in the house…although I’ll concede the dogs are smarter for it. I don’t say much to the wife because I remembered two things my dad told me when I was young and way back when I got married…

1. Pick your battles.
2. If you’re going to have any friends at all in life you’re going to have to put up with some things you don’t like. I consider my wife my best friend.
Awww. Somebody show Bills wife.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 5:48 pm

Hoytman wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 5:40 pm
:lol: Only person I know that does that, but hey….different strokes for different folks. I have known a few to let their dogs eat off of their plates and drink out of the toilet. Yuck!!
I am sorry you got irritated. I don't see a reason to be angry.
With that said picking up poop still fits my philosophy. If I am doing it, I do it how I see fit. If someone else is doing it, I let them do it as they see fit. I pick up *censored* for 5 adult Dobermans. Believe it or not it is actually good to see what is in the poop. Then you might know what they are getting into. A couple of years ago we spent $8,000 on emergency surgery for our female that had a bowel obstruction. It was a chew toy and some fabric that wouldn't pass.
Believe it or not, in summer when there is massive poop out in the yard, and you simply soak it for a day and blast it with the hose and it disintegrates it seems pretty easy way to get rid of the poop. But as mentioned, that is my way. If you pick up poop, by all means do it the way you want.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 6:00 pm

Hoytman wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 5:40 pm
Probably the only person to build a garage out of pallet racking too. Just because nobody else is doing it, doesn't mean it is a bad idea.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 6:04 pm

Hoytman wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 4:58 pm
My cat goes poo on the toilet.

Hoytman

Post by Hoytman » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 6:06 pm

Who’s irritated or angry? :lol: :lol: You must be referring to someone else.

zachary193
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Ds machine energy max 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Ds energy max 160
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak nut
Other Heating: Oil/electric

Post by zachary193 » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 7:26 pm

Srosen527 wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 9:35 am
Hi! How hot should my Hitzer 503 insert burn when it’s -2 out?
I know when my stove top is 400-450 . Tending is like working in a steel mill . Welding gloves only work for a few minutes. Especially when you slice the corners. Sweat starts to pour off , and I never sweat in the summer !

tiogajoe
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: keystoker 105 (sold)
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Keystoker HFH 70/90
Other Heating: toyostove

Post by tiogajoe » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 8:22 pm

This is my second season with my Keystoker HFH90. when OAT are in the mid to upper 20's I can keep the room adjacent to the stove room around 71 to 73 degrees. this keeps the rest of the house about 68 to 70 degrees. My Infared reading above the stove door is about 315 degrees. last night with this cold I ran the stove at about 380 degrees. adjacent room was 68. My Toyostove kero furnace is set to kick in at 67. I this cold ( -5 here this am) the toyostove will kick on a couple of times a day. I'm debating just letting the Toyostove pick up the slack in very cold weather or running my stove a bit hotter? I really don't know what too hot would be? I'm assumming that I could run this stove at 500 above the door with no problems? Right now OAT is 19 and temp above stove door is 405. house is about 69 to 71 degrees depending on location. Any suggestions?

Hoytman

Post by Hoytman » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 9:32 pm

Won’t hurt a thing to turn stove up. The Keystoker is a dandy stove.

Your answer as to how hot and where to take that reading from in your stove is best answered by contacting Keystoker. Plus once you contact them you can share that information here. Be sure and ask them where is best to take the highest temperature reading.

Would you mind to copy and paste your entire post into a new thread? You can use your stove brand and model in the thread name, if you don’t mind.

Why start your own new thread?

We don’t have much information on your Keystoker stove, at least not recent. So it would be nice to start a dedicated thread with your stove brand and model in the thread title. That way your post and answers don’t get lost in this thread and also it makes searching information about your stove easier.

I am anxious to see how you like this stove over time. As you gain experience with it the information you learn and provide will become important to helping others.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”