Kerosene?

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Mon. Jan. 09, 2023 11:20 pm

Hoytman wrote:
Mon. Jan. 09, 2023 11:08 pm
Here you go…in this thread kerosene, now gas…
“Gas stove ban 'on the table' for federal agency: reports”
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/gas-stove-ba ... cy-reports

…all just a left wing push to get everyone on electric so they can control your lives and mine…then turn the lights out on you any dang time they wish.
The report that they link, used in support, is garbage. Yet politicians will say its golden. People who write this stuff know it too. They get $$ for garbage that they put out. They have to do the will of their masters.

This is a prior 2006 study that they cite:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2662932/

Its a joke. Give it a read. 25 ppb of nitrogen dioxide is not going to do anything. And I have no clue if the environment is actually 25 ppb. Or if the environment had smokers inside the dwellings.

After testing gas ranges and finding elevated levels of nitrogen gases, Consumer Reports strongly advised people to consider buying electric ranges rather than gas.

article^^^ Me fix it...
After testing gas ranges and finding elevated levels of nitrogen gases, Consumer Reports strongly advised people to consider buying COAL COOKING STOVES rather than gas.

These politicians and gov't workers are total idiots.

bonus -- BEST COMMENT ON STORY WEBPAGE LINKED:

My CO detector used to go off all the time ... it said "Fire, Fire, Fire!"

It informed my wife when dinner was finished cooking.

charlesosborne2002
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: natural gas central forced air

Post by charlesosborne2002 » Tue. Jan. 10, 2023 11:29 am

Sunny Boy wrote:
Mon. Dec. 26, 2022 1:13 pm
Kerosene produces toxic carbon monoxide, CO2, and other dangerous exhaust, in addition to using up indoor oxygen. They were banned for sale in Suffolk County over 30 years ago because people thought that since they don't hook up to a chimney, they must burn clean.

It's still a hydrocarbon and it will kill you if you breath enough of it. Does it say use with "adequate ventilation", but do they tell you what is adequate ? usually the "adequate cross ventilation" is about equal to the heat produced so you don't gain much heat before it's replaced with cold outside air.

Carbon monoxide is odorless and even in small doses it easily accumulates in your system slowly blocking oxygen absorption.

Paul
Paul, the better ones cut off if tipped, cut off if oxygen is low, and of course a CO detector is recommended (as with coal). In my case, this old house is not at all tightly sealed, so the chimney draft from coal pulls in oxygen for all, from outside.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Wed. Jan. 11, 2023 10:26 am

Political comments removed and thread locked.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”