Fireproof film for glass door

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Tue. Sep. 13, 2022 5:07 pm

Just to add to the topic,.....

My daughter has a Napoleon wood stove with the glass door. She's been using it for many years now, but not as the main heat. It has the "air-wash" feature for the door, and it keeps it clean. It also must keep it below the temps that craze the glass because that has not happened. If any coal stoves have this air-wash feature it may be why they are not getting the crazing ?

Paul

Austin
Hand Fed Coal Stove: SAEY 92
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by Austin » Tue. Sep. 13, 2022 5:15 pm

Great help guys. I will definitely do as suggested with the Rutland glass cleaner. I would like to keep it clean if I can. Thanks again.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Tue. Sep. 13, 2022 7:01 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Tue. Sep. 13, 2022 5:07 pm
Just to add to the topic,.....

My daughter has a Napoleon wood stove with the glass door. She's been using it for many years now, but not as the main heat. It has the "air-wash" feature for the door, and it keeps it clean. It also must keep it below the temps that craze the glass because that has not happened. If any coal stoves have this air-wash feature it may be why they are not getting the crazing ?

Paul
I have a lightly used 1998 Lopi Liberty wood stove in the garage that has one of the better air wash systems of any wood stove made in it. It will still blacken glass on an all night burn, but on reload a high burn burns it off. That said, as hot as secondary’s get in a modern wood stove the glass looks brand new on that stove and it is original to the stove. So I’m not sure it’s as much the high temps that crazes the glass in a wood stove as much as high temps in a coal stove mixed with the sulfur or other gases coming from the coal. Not sayings that is true. Just taking the Kuma oil stove manuals comments about sulfur and glass and sort of adding 2+2 to = maybe that’s the cause. :lol:

Who knows? But I know many wood stoves have original glass in good shape still and those secondary’s get hot.

I’ve often wondered why so many coal stoves have poor looking glass. I wonder how the Neoceram would hold up?

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”