Harman SF-250

Cap
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post by Cap » Sun. Feb. 05, 2006 11:09 pm

Below is an image of my new Harman SF-250 with the optional heat collector. I have 6" round duct connected to a nearby vent into the 1st floor living area.

I installed 4 thermometers. The large unit is a gas actuated with a probe located inside of the firebox 1" from the top of the row of firebrick. It range is 400-1200F. The temperature is usually around 700F however I do have 1/3 of the firebox reduced due to the warmer than usual winter of '06. The smaller thermometer below the large unit reads the ambient basement temperature. I also have a 50-550F thermometer showing the temperature in the heat collector and a third unit reading the flue pipe temperature. Typically I see 200F in the heat collector and 180F on the flue pipe.

**Broken Image Link(s) Removed**

MILLERTIME

Post by MILLERTIME » Mon. Feb. 06, 2006 7:04 pm

hey cap, what temp do you have at the floor register off the heat collector? up stairs. and do you lose much heat down stairs with the heat blowing upstairs

Cap

Post by Cap » Mon. Feb. 06, 2006 8:59 pm

I am only running the 6" pipe maybe 12'. I do not loose much heat, maybe 15F. I do loose some heat in the basement. But I do get all of the radiant heat from the unit. Typically it will be 80F on the end of the basement with the stove, somewhat cooler 30' to the far end of the basement.

oldwhisky

Post by oldwhisky » Tue. Oct. 20, 2009 12:15 am

Thanks guys. It's been pretty warm here, so for now I'm just stoking a with bit of wood in my vig to warm the downstairs a bit at night. I'm going to install the thermometer in the flu like your pics and that should be great for learning the stove when shes burning coal without having to check on it every 20 min. Again thank you very much.
Paul.

robertlugo

Post by robertlugo » Tue. Sep. 27, 2011 1:29 pm

Hello

I just purchased this identical stove (the Harman SF_250). I cannot seem to find a store to purchase the optional heat collector. I was hoping somebody could help me out. Thanks, Robert

RAYJAY
Stoker Coal Boiler: VAN WERT - 600 VA HOT WATER
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: HARMAN- MAGUM STOKER
Coal Size/Type: BUCKWHEAT ON BOTH
Other Heating: NG BOILER

Post by RAYJAY » Tue. Sep. 27, 2011 2:54 pm

robertlugo wrote:Hello

I just purchased this identical stove (the Harman SF_250). I cannot seem to find a store to purchase the optional heat collector. I was hoping somebody could help me out. Thanks, Robert
You can try fisher stoves they been selling Harmon's been dealing with them for years and great people,

if there still making the heat collector they will be able to help you.

you can also go to a sheet metal /duct service they should be able to make the collector with no problems

Fisher Stove Showroom

(570) 836-3343

1800 State Route 6 E
Factoryville, PA 18419

Cap

Post by Cap » Tue. Sep. 27, 2011 9:37 pm

robertlugo wrote:Hello

The heat collector is a Harman option for that unit. Any Harman dealer can order it if still being made at the Harman factory. It really is a good option and works well.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”