Hitzer 30/95 burns too slow

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 6:42 pm

Would be interesting to see some pictures of what is wrong with the old box.

oliver power
Stoker Coal Boiler: KEYSTOKER Kaa-2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & 30-95, Vigilant (pre-2310), D.S. 1600 Circulator, Hitzer 254

Post by oliver power » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 10:13 pm

Spacecadet wrote:
Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 12:38 am
Correct. Unfortunately one would believe the correct way to hook the gauge up is for it to read negative since vacuum is a loss or absence of pressure. Oddly enough if I remember correctly the directions that came with it said to hook the low side to the vacuum side and the high side to the pressure side. Which in turn makes the gauge read on the positive side for vacuum.
Idk idc all I know is that hooked up the way it is the gauge will read the correct vacuum even in blustery high winds.
Of course it will. The gauge is not labeled correctly. The scale should read a negative number on the bigger side of the scale, not a positive number. If you had positive pressure in your chimney, chances are pretty good that you would not be replying to this forum. I'm not saying You hooked it up wrong. I'm saying the scale on the gauge is wrong. Most everyone on this site knows that. I was being a little sarcastic (friendly Sarcastic) when trying to help trouble shoot your stove issue.

Spacecadet
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95, Hitzer 30/95
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: US stove 6041 pellet

Post by Spacecadet » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 10:54 pm

Hoytman wrote:
Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 6:42 pm
Would be interesting to see some pictures of what is wrong with the old box.
Twist knob feels loose in the ‘sweet’ spot. Twist it to 9 and stare at it and it would walk its way back to 8. It also felt real easy to twist. The new one I put on earlier twists harder / has resistance. This new one seems to be operating like it suppose to. I presently have the box temp up to 350. Which the stove wouldn’t obtain before.

Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 11:03 pm

oliver power wrote:
Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 10:13 pm
Of course it will. The gauge is not labeled correctly. The scale should read a negative number on the bigger side of the scale, not a positive number. If you had positive pressure in your chimney, chances are pretty good that you would not be replying to this forum. I'm not saying You hooked it up wrong. I'm saying the scale on the gauge is wrong. Most everyone on this site knows that. I was being a little sarcastic (friendly Sarcastic) when trying to help trouble shoot your stove issue.
LOL. It’s all good. When o got the Mano I questioned that and never thought about it again. Didn’t even think about it being labeled incorrectly because my mind was focused on other issues.

It’s just frustrating having an issue. Between the house and the garage I’ve had 8 stoves and this is the first time I’ve had a problem that I couldn’t figure out quickly and easily myself.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sun. Dec. 05, 2021 12:18 am

Spacecadet wrote:
Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 10:54 pm
Twist knob feels loose in the ‘sweet’ spot. Twist it to 9 and stare at it and it would walk its way back to 8. It also felt real easy to twist. The new one I put on earlier twists harder / has resistance. This new one seems to be operating like it suppose to. I presently have the box temp up to 350. Which the stove wouldn’t obtain before.
Understand, but that is why I said no t would be interesting to take it apart and take some video or pictures of what it is doing, so we all could see.

Dean at Hitzer told me he’s never seen one fail in operation, so yours might be the first.

That is, it is worth looking into for all to learn and benefit.

Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet » Sun. Dec. 05, 2021 3:51 pm

Hoytman wrote:
Sun. Dec. 05, 2021 12:18 am
Understand, but that is why I said no t would be interesting to take it apart and take some video or pictures of what it is doing, so we all could see.

Dean at Hitzer told me he’s never seen one fail in operation, so yours might be the first.

That is, it is worth looking into for all to learn and benefit.
Ok. I loaded a video. Idk if it came out or not. Anyway the knob free moves actually between 6 and 7. Move it beyond either way and you feel resistance.
I didn’t hook it back to the stove. I probably should have video it moving from 7 to 6 by itself while it was installed.

Attachments

IMG_6836.MOV
.MOV | 8.8MB | IMG_6836.MOV

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”