Ds insert users. I need a check on your grates!

cedar
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Fireplaces Insert
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut
Other Heating: Osburn 2400 insert

Post by cedar » Sun. Nov. 28, 2021 11:54 am

So I had a piece of almost stove sized coal get jammed in the very back a few days ago. Ended up having to shut it down and clean out to figure out the issue.
Fired it back up and now yesterday I noticed that in order for my grates to sit flush I have to have the shaker arm almost all the way forward(towards me) thus not leaving me much in the forward stroke of shaking.
This doesn’t seem right to me but I’ve also never paid any attention to where it would be.
However everything still works so I don’t believe I’ve broken anything but I also can’t figure out any way that the grates could have gotten out of time or getting them back in time.
I contacted my dealer but the owner wasn’t there. His helper claimed on the floor model it sits straight up and down but he couldn’t offer any ideas on what to do.
Can anyone out there with the ds insert chime in on where your shaker arm rest with the grates flush.
The photo shows where my arm is for the grates to be flush.
Thanks

Attachments

D9F1159C-FC63-4FF9-AA03-13E62AFB3E5C.jpeg
.JPEG | 1.2MB | D9F1159C-FC63-4FF9-AA03-13E62AFB3E5C.jpeg

Hounds51
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2 Legacy TLC 2000 one in the upper and 1 in the lower part of the house
Coal Size/Type: Wood and pea, nut ,stove and egg coal

Post by Hounds51 » Sun. Nov. 28, 2021 3:37 pm

Not sure how, but your grates are out of sync Must have jumped something when you freed up your grates

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”