Annual Tractor Supply Big Sale on Coal

keegs
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby (main floor)
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by keegs » Wed. Oct. 27, 2021 1:21 pm

In the past TS ran a big sale on their bagged coal. I think the sale price was 2 for $10. Did I miss this year's big sale?

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Wed. Oct. 27, 2021 1:32 pm

It was in December last year? then a 2 for $12 sale in January? Thats my memory of it but I could be wrong. But there are lots of stores not running many sales this year so I wouldnt count on it 100%. Expect price increases next year too because of trucking.

keegs

Post by keegs » Wed. Oct. 27, 2021 1:46 pm

Thanks warminmn... Just checked current price here in Midcoast, ME and it's $6.49 /bag ... That price seems low to me but not sure.

coalfan
Hand Fed Coal Stove: ds circultor1500 \chubby coal stove
Coal Size/Type: nut/ pea ant.some bit.
Other Heating: kerosene\cold nat. gas

Post by coalfan » Wed. Oct. 27, 2021 1:58 pm

$6.49 is the going price here in nw. ohio to.

archangel_cpj

Post by archangel_cpj » Fri. Oct. 29, 2021 12:14 pm

If your in Ohio and dont mind a drive go to Boslers on Middlefield got Lehigh like 220ish a ton had 5 tons delivered but he sells those 1T bulk bags if you have a little trailer or way to get it off a pick up its worth it... Way better quality coal tha. TSC.... NOT EVEN CLOSE...

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Fri. Oct. 29, 2021 5:05 pm

$6.99 at TSC here locally.

Will be googling Boslers in Middlefield for a number to call.

EDIT:
Scratch that...Boslers way too far from me. Maybe it will help others though.

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Fri. Oct. 29, 2021 6:39 pm

9.99 a bag here 50 miles east of coal country.

warminmn

Post by warminmn » Fri. Oct. 29, 2021 7:18 pm

8.99 here. 6.99 just 70 miles east

Bubbalowe
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant II 2310
Baseburners & Antiques: Grodin Petite
Other Heating: electric radiators until used boiler hook up

Post by Bubbalowe » Wed. Nov. 03, 2021 10:33 am

6.49 is current TSC price in Butler, PA. Don't believe the sales are corporate rather local store manager's choice? Because the local TSC is close I usually just bring home 6 bags at a time but so if there is a sale I can stock up. Nothing worse than buying and then seeing something on sale later.

keegs

Post by keegs » Wed. Nov. 03, 2021 12:43 pm

My sense of it is that the 6.49 price is lower than last year's regular price @ 6.79 a bag and then 6.99. That's all here in Maine , Knox and Aroostook counties.

Sparky812
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Circulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: Blueflame wall heater

Post by Sparky812 » Wed. Nov. 03, 2021 5:00 pm

Just picked up 30 bags @ 6.49 in Pekin, Il.

crazy4coal

Post by crazy4coal » Wed. Nov. 03, 2021 8:14 pm

TSC Web site for the Newton NJ store, Nut & Rice 9.99 40#. I will have to raise my price to 7.00 or 7.25 after the next TT load.

Gman1954
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MagnaFire Elite Insert
Coal Size/Type: 40 LB Anthracite
Other Heating: Resistance Heat Pump

Post by Gman1954 » Mon. Nov. 15, 2021 11:13 am

HEAR THIS TRUE Horror Story: I tried to BUY any "Nut Coal" at my local western NC Tractor Supply (like last year) and I COULD NOT! I can't buy online NOR Order it! I called and they said they had plenty in the "Distribution Center" and they'd "Rain Check" it for me. I waited a couple of weeks, no calls no nothing.. Turns out that TSC DOES NOT SUPPLY NUT COAL into my neck of the woods: western North Carolina anymore!! WTH!! No Explanations from Corporate, when I talked to the Mgr at the local Store, who was talking to them..
[Kicker is: I found some in SC forty miles away, farther south!] Store COULD NOT EVEN ORDER IT!!
What are they Doing? Btw, they couldn't "See" the coal at the SC store, my sister in law found it, online..
Anyone Know HOW to Get someone to DELIVER a PALLET of NUT COAL to NORTH CAROLINA ? I'm trying VA suppliers now... Looks like I'll have to drive 4 hrs to pick it up!

warminmn

Post by warminmn » Mon. Nov. 15, 2021 11:23 am

Gman1954 wrote:
Mon. Nov. 15, 2021 11:13 am
HEAR THIS TRUE Horror Story: I tried to BUY any "Nut Coal" at my local western NC Tractor Supply (like last year) and I COULD NOT! I can't buy online NOR Order it! I called and they said they had plenty in the "Distribution Center" and they'd "Rain Check" it for me. I waited a couple of weeks, no calls no nothing.. Turns out that TSC DOES NOT SUPPLY NUT COAL into my neck of the woods: western North Carolina anymore!! WTH!! No Explanations from Corporate, when I talked to the Mgr at the local Store, who was talking to them..
[Kicker is: I found some in SC forty miles away, farther south!] Store COULD NOT EVEN ORDER IT!!
What are they Doing? Btw, they couldn't "See" the coal at the SC store, my sister in law found it, online..
Anyone Know HOW to Get someone to DELIVER a PALLET of NUT COAL to NORTH CAROLINA ? I'm trying VA suppliers now... Looks like I'll have to drive 4 hrs to pick it up!
I was told the same thing a few years ago at my closest TSC, that they couldnt get it, and a year later it was there. Dont be surprised if they have it in the future. But really, if you can find another source do it.

It may not be their fault because of trucking issues, but who knows. Since the day they started selling it, they have never one time had a rep from their store on this site to answer any questions. Meanwhile lehigh and Blaschak coal always answer questions. Probably others.

Good luck with your search.

keegs

Post by keegs » Mon. Nov. 15, 2021 1:34 pm

You might try making a point of it with the store manager .....maybe get others to as well. They may offer it if there's enough demand. I think that's what the issue is really.

Maine has almost no natural gas infrastructure and heating oil and propane prices can fluctuate quite a bit. Lots of folks burn wood or wood pellets. You'd figure more would consider coal as an option but apparently it's not popular. My guess is folks think it's dirty.... which it can be but isn't wood too? TSC and a few mom and pop businesses are about the only sources that I know about in the state.

Checked the TSC price a few days ago and it's back up to $6.99 a bag. Thinking that 6.49 price was a sale.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”