whos ready? pricing?

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Nov. 28, 2021 8:28 am

Hmmmmm, just readin all this--will check into it. Thanx guys. :)
Sunny Boy wrote:
Sat. Nov. 06, 2021 3:04 pm
Correct. My county does not tax on any heating fuels.

But Fred said he is paying 8%.

No County in NYS charges 8%.

Paul

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Nov. 28, 2021 8:39 am

Whoops---my bad--it is 4% in Cortland County---now i gotta dig out my receipt. My supplier is real fair plus being a friend--I'm sure this is my screw up--not his!!! :) "the mind is a terrible thing to misplace" LOL

Straick

Post by Straick » Sun. Nov. 28, 2021 9:20 am

One ton so far, ardering another 2 soon, which with how much less coal I'm burning a day compared to last year(my first year with the black rocks) looks like it should see me through.
For pricing, it's about 300 a ton for the Lehigh anthracite that my local Agway carries, plus a delivery fee based on how many tons.
Scary part, I figure that I'd be burning around 5+ gallons of oil a day to maintain 58 inside, and with coal I'm burning a whopping 40 lbs a day and maintaining upper 60's to low 70's. Can't beat that for a savings.

11ultra103
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93, DS Comfortmax 75
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by 11ultra103 » Sun. Nov. 28, 2021 10:54 am

I pick up bulk nut coal at Ken's coal in Tamaqua. Last year I paid $185 a ton. This year it is $220 a ton

Hounds51
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2 Legacy TLC 2000 one in the upper and 1 in the lower part of the house
Coal Size/Type: Wood and pea, nut ,stove and egg coal

Post by Hounds51 » Sun. Nov. 28, 2021 3:45 pm

DiRenzo Coal Co., LLC
Toll Free - 800-676-4743
Locally - 570-544-4743
Email - [email protected]
or text us at
570-617-7810

US Mail Address
19 Laudemans Lane
Pottsville, PA 17901

Plant Location:
Along US Route 209
2 Miles South of Pottsville
near the Village of Llewellyn

CURRENT PRICES EFFECTIVE October 1, 2021

STOVE, CHESTNUT, PEA, BUCK, RICE......$180 per ton
BARLEY - $140 per ton

LOADING HOURS

WEEKDAYS 7:30a - 4:00p SAT 7:30a - NOON
CLOSED SUNDAYS AND MAJOR HOLIDAYS
If you live near here and can haul this looks good. But I would call first to verify.
They also have references for haulers

WESOman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: WESO HSK125C
Other Heating: Oil-fired hot water boiler

Post by WESOman » Tue. Nov. 30, 2021 1:14 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Fri. Oct. 01, 2021 9:31 pm
I never saw any summer pricing here. I don't think it's going to climb like everything else, no shortage per say.
Experience seems to show that when a major fuel goes up, every other form of fuel seems to take the opportunity to tack on a little to maintain the same ratio NG/coal, oil/coal, firewood/coal etc It's not as if you have a lot of choice. You have to heat your home if you live where it's cold. World governments seem dead set on eliminating the use of coal, albeit that is mostly bituminous coal. My fear is that they will intentionally make all coal very expensive through regulations and taxes as they appear to be trying to intentionally raise the price of oil/gasoline. You won't have to like electric cars but the government would like to coerce you into buy one by making gasoline/heating oil/diesel fuel very expensive. What a world we live in.

Shaun643
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Nut and pea

Post by Shaun643 » Tue. Dec. 07, 2021 4:52 pm

I'm late to the show I'm already about halfway through my first 1.2 ton of coal when I picked mine up earlier this year the price went up $10 from last year and that was just shipping cost I'm in Michigan and I have to buy bagged coal by the pallet that's all I can get I have been paying $325 for a pallet now this year it's $335. I'm glad the price hasn't went up as much for me as it has for some of you guys although it's a shame that it's went up that much I do seem to pay more than most of you but that's the cost of living so far away from where anthracite coal mines are oh well I still really enjoy burning coal and will continue to do so no matter what I'll never go back to wood

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Tue. Dec. 07, 2021 9:34 pm

I don’t want to see it go up. I paid $312 for a ton of nut.

That said one winter season was $2500+ for fuel oil.

I’ve used a ton of coal in winter. Can’t see ever using more than 1.5 tons.

Looking at it that way, I can stand to pay quite a bit more for coal before approaching fuel oil price. Was $2.60/gal then. Now it’s $3.20/gal I think.

Coal goes to high I’ll switch to my wood stash. Take me quite a while to burn up my oak and hard maple on the property.

Jerrybro

Post by Jerrybro » Tue. Dec. 07, 2021 9:49 pm

Picked up 2.4 tons of Santa nut coal for about 800 delivered. Have an oil contract with a locked in 2.70 per gallon. I expect to use all the coal and be looking for a kickback from the oil company at the end of the contract.

I’m retiring in Jan. When people retire they often move to areas that support their hobbies and life styles. In this area many go to Florida. I don’t play golf. I hate heat and humidity. We’re looking at the White Mountains, as long as we can get coal.

ShawnLiNy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Waterford
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by ShawnLiNy » Tue. Dec. 07, 2021 10:01 pm

Shaun643 wrote:
Tue. Dec. 07, 2021 4:52 pm
I'm late to the show I'm already about halfway through my first 1.2 ton of coal when I picked mine up earlier this year the price went up $10 from last year and that was just shipping cost I'm in Michigan and I have to buy bagged coal by the pallet that's all I can get I have been paying $325 for a pallet now this year it's $335. I'm glad the price hasn't went up as much for me as it has for some of you guys although it's a shame that it's went up that much I do seem to pay more than most of you but that's the cost of living so far away from where anthracite coal mines are oh well I still really enjoy burning coal and will continue to do so no matter what I'll never go back to wood
In comparison you aren’t doing as bad as you think here on Long Island I was paying 320 for bulk back in 2014 , I think Massachusetts has comparable prices too , one thing I can say is since 2008 coal has stayed a steady price ( 20+- ) in spite of oil price plummeting and skyrocketing ( I’ve burned plenty of coal that was more expensive than cranking the thermostat but nothing beats the heat ) trucking delays and freight hikes will inevitably raise it some , but nothing near what oil and gas Can do, ( are any Amish community’s nearby ? I know a lot them have bulk sources

Shaun643
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Nut and pea

Post by Shaun643 » Wed. Dec. 08, 2021 8:00 am

I do have a lot of Amish in my area and that is actually where I get my coal from but even they can only get it in pallets

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Wed. Dec. 08, 2021 9:52 am

I paid $310 per ton cash and got 9600 pounds. I don't think that will take me thru the heating season. I have two 503 Hitzers running and I am using 1 bag per day in each stove. Temperatures have been in the 20's at night and high 30's low 40's during the day most of the days. There were a couple of days that highs hit near 50. I would anticipate in the dead cold I will still be using 1 bag per day in the stove in my finished basement and more in the main level stove. Here is a video of my place and how I am circulating the heat around the house and minimizing the time my oil boiler runs for my domestic hot water.

fig
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF360
Hand Fed Coal Stove: T.O.M (Warm Morning converted to baseburner by Steve) Round Oak 1917 Door model O-3, Warm Morning 400, Warm Morning 524, Warm Morning 414,Florence No.77, Warm Morning 523-b
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 7.1/DS Machine basement stove/ Harman SF1500
Baseburners & Antiques: Renown Parlor stove 87B
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous/anthracite
Other Heating: Harman Accentra, enviro omega, Vermont Ironworks Elm stove, Quadrafire Mt Vernon, Logwood stove, Sotz barrel stove,

Post by fig » Wed. Dec. 08, 2021 10:18 am

I picked up my 1st ton of the season from an Amish dealer here. $370 a ton. They were selling wood pellets $240 a ton.

WESOman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: WESO HSK125C
Other Heating: Oil-fired hot water boiler

Post by WESOman » Wed. Dec. 15, 2021 1:05 pm

Well I don't see anybody burning cow flops, buffalo chips or the dining room furniture yet so things must still be relatively okay. One day those who burn coal will be vilified like those who are unvaxxed in 2021. Get ready folks, we live in an upside down world. Your everyday practices are a danger to your community and you will need punishing. That's why I think the government will put an ever increasing sin tax on coal eventually. Until then, enjoy the heat while you can.

Hounds51
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2 Legacy TLC 2000 one in the upper and 1 in the lower part of the house
Coal Size/Type: Wood and pea, nut ,stove and egg coal

Post by Hounds51 » Wed. Dec. 15, 2021 2:21 pm

Hey folks, I just called DiRenzo Coal Co., LLC, and did not get an answer from the coal yard. Don't know whats going on, but when I pulled up their website they state as follows WE ARE CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK ON ALL SIZES.CALL / TEXT ABOVE or CHECK BACK HERE FOR UPDATES
This is bad, if the coal breakers in coal country don't have coal. Good thing I have a combo stove that can burn wood, which I have plenty of. The only problem is that I am getting too old to use a chain saw safely. But if good old Joe says I have to, well then I guess I need to. LETS GO BRANDON !!!!!!!!
It's gonna be a long 4 years. I hope you all remember this.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”