whos ready? pricing?

mntbugy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D S 1500, Warm Moring 400
Baseburners & Antiques: Art Garland 145,GW114 ,Clarion 115, Vestal 20 Globe,New Royal22 Globe, Red Cross Oak 56,Acme Ventiduct 38,Radiant Airblast 626,Home Airblast 62,Moores #7,Moores 3way
Coal Size/Type: stove and nut and some bit
Other Heating: Propain

Post by mntbugy » Wed. Dec. 15, 2021 5:48 pm

Grandpa keep warm all winter on 2 buckets of coal. When he got cold, he would pick up the buckets and take them for a walk.

Idlorah
Stoker Coal Boiler: Allen 700 stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Gibralter MCC
Coal Size/Type: Buck in the Allen and anything goes in the MCC, Anthracite
Other Heating: None, maybe some wood in the MCC in the shoulder season

Post by Idlorah » Wed. Dec. 15, 2021 7:22 pm

Hounds51 wrote:
Wed. Dec. 15, 2021 2:21 pm
Hey folks, I just called DiRenzo Coal Co., LLC, and did not get an answer from the coal yard. Don't know whats going on, but when I pulled up their website they state as follows WE ARE CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK ON ALL SIZES.CALL / TEXT ABOVE or CHECK BACK HERE FOR UPDATES
This is bad, if the coal breakers in coal country don't have coal. Good thing I have a combo stove that can burn wood, which I have plenty of. The only problem is that I am getting too old to use a chain saw safely. But if good old Joe says I have to, well then I guess I need to. LETS GO BRANDON !!!!!!!!
It's gonna be a long 4 years. I hope you all remember this.
Im glad I read this I was going to head up there on saturday morning my bin is very low. Ill have to look into it.

WESOman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: WESO HSK125C
Other Heating: Oil-fired hot water boiler

Post by WESOman » Wed. Dec. 15, 2021 8:43 pm

It's gonna be a long 4 years. I hope you all remember this.
[/quote]

Only a long two years if the 2022 election takes away Joe's ability to do any new harmful stuff and maybe even reverse some blunders already done.

Idlorah

Post by Idlorah » Wed. Dec. 15, 2021 8:59 pm

You guys have any suggestions on where to pick up 2-3 tons of buck this weekend i'm in need and i normally go to direnzos. I am about 10 min south of Tamaqua but i cant find anything online that show the hours or location to pickup at lehigh.

Vonda
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby born 1980
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: Gas

Post by Vonda » Wed. Dec. 15, 2021 10:25 pm

orrsmills wrote:
Sun. Nov. 28, 2021 8:17 am
I bought bagged coal today, $6.30/bag. next week he's raising it to $6.80. Might have to go back to wood next year.
Is wood more expensive, you have to burn more of it.

WESOman

Post by WESOman » Thu. Dec. 16, 2021 8:50 am

Maybe it's my 71 years of age, but I have to wonder why there would be no coal available in the Coal Region of Pennsylvania. It is not on ships from China. Almost two years after COVID struck, there seems to be more issues and panic than there was at the onset. I can comprehend a shortage of trucks and truck drivers for some things but coal in our area is a local commodity coming out of the ground and sold within miles. Perhaps the true story is that coal is being shipped to where the price is much higher or somebody placed a large volume blanket order. Maybe one of you younger folk can explain this to me.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Dec. 16, 2021 9:09 am

Younger folk????????????????????? Hell W, you ARE a younger folk. LOL I'm in Upstate NY & lots of coal burners with no problem acquiring coal. Might be you're just lookin in the wrong places???

WESOman

Post by WESOman » Thu. Dec. 16, 2021 9:36 am

freetown fred wrote:
Thu. Dec. 16, 2021 9:09 am
Younger folk????????????????????? Hell W, you ARE a younger folk. LOL I'm in Upstate NY & lots of coal burners with no problem acquiring coal. Might be you're just lookin in the wrong places???
Well I'll be darned. If you are older than me then you realize that most places you are the oldest or one of the oldest. I for one never got my chimney liner in before winter and am not looking for coal until next year. Perhaps there is a company financial issue that is affecting the other guy's supplier and not a physical problem of getting coal. Still, if you can't find anthracite between Philadelphia and Wilkes Barre, that would be a curious problem.

Hounds51
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2 Legacy TLC 2000 one in the upper and 1 in the lower part of the house
Coal Size/Type: Wood and pea, nut ,stove and egg coal

Post by Hounds51 » Thu. Dec. 16, 2021 11:09 am

Idlorah wrote:
Wed. Dec. 15, 2021 8:59 pm
You guys have any suggestions on where to pick up 2-3 tons of buck this weekend i'm in need and i normally go to direnzos. I am about 10 min south of Tamaqua but i cant find anything online that show the hours or location to pickup at lehigh.
I know this would be a drive for you, but Jono has been supplying me off and on for the last 2 years.
Not sure if they have buck, but I know they have wheat both red and white ash. I think you could pick it up if you have the capability to do so. Probably cheaper to pick up. They just quoted me a price of $239.00 a ton delivered for nut coal. Here is their coal website. Maybe you could call to see what they would charge for pick up I know they have coal in stock, just checked with them yesterday.
https://www.jonohardware.com/products/fuel-products/coal

Hounds51
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2 Legacy TLC 2000 one in the upper and 1 in the lower part of the house

Post by Hounds51 » Thu. Dec. 16, 2021 11:19 am

WESOman wrote:
Thu. Dec. 16, 2021 8:50 am
Maybe it's my 71 years of age, but I have to wonder why there would be no coal available in the Coal Region of Pennsylvania. It is not on ships from China. Almost two years after COVID struck, there seems to be more issues and panic than there was at the onset. I can comprehend a shortage of trucks and truck drivers for some things but coal in our area is a local commodity coming out of the ground and sold within miles. Perhaps the true story is that coal is being shipped to where the price is much higher or somebody placed a large volume blanket order. Maybe one of you younger folk can explain this to me.
The federal government has a lot to do with Mines and breakers. Since we have a Green president he doesn't want you to burn that dirty coal. Saw this to a lesser extent during the Clinton administration. They really had a crackdown on the local miners with their federal osia regulations. Clinton effectively shut down all the mom and pop miners in the anthracite coal fields around here. So these green bastards are really the one's to blame. Another one of your rights taken away from you, cause we don't know whats good for us!

Hounds51

Post by Hounds51 » Thu. Dec. 16, 2021 12:00 pm

Hounds51 wrote:
Thu. Dec. 16, 2021 11:09 am
I know this would be a drive for you, but Jono has been supplying me off and on for the last 2 years.
Not sure if they have buck, but I know they have wheat both red and white ash. I think you could pick it up if you have the capability to do so. Probably cheaper to pick up. They just quoted me a price of $239.00 a ton delivered for nut coal. Here is their coal website. Maybe you could call to see what they would charge for pick up I know they have coal in stock, just checked with them yesterday.
https://www.jonohardware.com/products/fuel-products/coal
Also a side note, Superior coal is still breaking coal. They are located right outside of Sacramento and Hegins. I personally don't care for their coal, as it is mostly red ash and has a high clinker factor. At least thats my opinion.
Here is their contact info page
https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-pr ... 3f4a5.html

Hounds51

Post by Hounds51 » Thu. Dec. 16, 2021 12:48 pm

I just got off the phone with Paul at DiRenzo Coal Co., LLC. He told me that they are not closed, but are out of stock. He explained that they are having supply issues like all business are having. Evidently there were some mine issues earlier this past spring that are also affecting the coal supply. Paul assured me that this is just a temporary problem, and with like all businesses it is affecting the supply chain. Some of it due to covid and some of it due to paying people to stay home instead of working. and a lot due to government regulations.
Paul assured me that DiRenzo Coal Co., LLC is still in business and will remain so. So he told me to keep checking in on their website as they are expecting this to be a short term issue.
Also DiRenzo Coal Co., LLC is not a coal mine, but a breaker which purchases coal from the mines to process.
So all is not lost, yet!

Idlorah

Post by Idlorah » Thu. Dec. 16, 2021 7:15 pm

Hounds51 wrote:
Thu. Dec. 16, 2021 12:48 pm
I just got off the phone with Paul at DiRenzo Coal Co., LLC. He told me that they are not closed, but are out of stock. He explained that they are having supply issues like all business are having. Evidently there were some mine issues earlier this past spring that are also affecting the coal supply. Paul assured me that this is just a temporary problem, and with like all businesses it is affecting the supply chain. Some of it due to covid and some of it due to paying people to stay home instead of working. and a lot due to government regulations.
Paul assured me that DiRenzo Coal Co., LLC is still in business and will remain so. So he told me to keep checking in on their website as they are expecting this to be a short term issue.
Also DiRenzo Coal Co., LLC is not a coal mine, but a breaker which purchases coal from the mines to process.
So all is not lost, yet!
Good news, I did text whomever the text number is on their website and talk with them a little today. It just feels wrong for me to have to go to another supplier. This is only my second year burning coal because my house has a coal boiler that I just moved into last November. I had one bad experience with a supplier, dirty coal and burned very poorly. Read about Direnzos on here tried it and never looked back I plan on being a lifetime customer. I'm going to use one of my friends who has a coal business (new knowledge to me) they sell Blaschak 200 a ton. But I plan to go back to Direnzo as soon as I can. When I was doing my shopping around the prices were suprising on how high they are Blaschak is 210 picked up and Lehigh is up to 215 picked up.

fig
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF360
Hand Fed Coal Stove: T.O.M (Warm Morning converted to baseburner by Steve) Round Oak 1917 Door model O-3, Warm Morning 400, Warm Morning 524, Warm Morning 414,Florence No.77, Warm Morning 523-b
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 7.1/DS Machine basement stove/ Harman SF1500
Baseburners & Antiques: Renown Parlor stove 87B
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous/anthracite
Other Heating: Harman Accentra, enviro omega, Vermont Ironworks Elm stove, Quadrafire Mt Vernon, Logwood stove, Sotz barrel stove,

Post by fig » Thu. Dec. 16, 2021 10:14 pm

Looks like TSC fixed their $9.99 a bag price around here. $6.99 now. I picked up two tons. So far I’ve spent around $1300 on coal this year. I didn’t spend that much all of last winter.

Hounds51

Post by Hounds51 » Mon. Jan. 03, 2022 4:07 pm

Update on local coal prices. My brother and I placed an order for 2 tons each of nut coal at our Jono Ace Hardware before Christmas. They quoted us a price of $228 a ton delivered. I am glad we ordered before Christmas as we got our delivery today at the pre Christmas price. The current price is now $240 a ton delivered. We were told that coal prices are going to go thru the roof, as all fuel prices are going that way, and probably aren't going to go down for quite a spell, as he looked up at my Trump Country flag.
By the way that per ton price quote is for a 2 ton minimum delivery. So guy's if you have some extra space to store it, then stock up now and save for next year. By the way DiRenzos is still closed as far as their web page goes.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”