Parts for Pine Barren stove

MKAUNE

Post by MKAUNE » Mon. Apr. 19, 2021 3:54 pm

Have pine barren coal wood stove , One of the air inlet knobs are frozen. looking to find a replacement, mfr no longer in business, any one have one of these assy for sale or offer, Also looking for a manual on the stove, Upright type no model number mfr plate on it made about 1980 any one help out would want to use it,Fred

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Apr. 19, 2021 4:32 pm

M, you've dosed it real good with PB Blaster, WD 40, Tranny fluid works better then most of the market stuff??? (pipe wrench) I'm just tryin to touch all bases--pix of stove would be real helpful. Welcome to the FORUM my friend. :)

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Mon. Apr. 19, 2021 10:52 pm

As of 2010 the company was still in business according to the info in this thread: Pinebarren Stove You could try and see if they are still around in one form or another, plus as Fred mentioned hopefully you can free up the frozen part.
I added the brand name of your stove to the title as well.

MKAUNE

Post by MKAUNE » Tue. Apr. 20, 2021 7:37 am

HI freetown i have tryed using penetrating oil with a mallet and hammer seems to be rusted tight even tryed a screw driver around the carriage bolt head still no moving, i got the stove that way from another person hasent used it for a long time. have to get a large pipe wrench as a last resort, seems even the nut back on the plate is frozen, As far as the mfr the address is no longer there the shop has been demolished and the owner lee has passed away within the last 5yrs, trying to find a lead for help with it, The stove is the upright model which is pictured at other pine barren sites probably in production for about last 50 yrs. Hoping to find someone who got some of the inventory before they closed up, Im even looking if any one got a junk one for parts, thx Fred

HandFire
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS 110
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut

Post by HandFire » Tue. Apr. 20, 2021 8:23 am

Try a few quick bumps with an electric impact on that nut to break it free. Don't go crazy, you will snap it if it is truely frozen. Next option take door off a soak in a bucket of oil for a week or more.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Apr. 20, 2021 8:25 am

Yep, I figured ya were doin the basics--ya might want to try some heat (berzomatic/ torch) Heat shouldn't hurt the old girl! :)

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Wed. Apr. 21, 2021 1:22 pm

OK, sounds like you researched the company. Hope you can get the issue repaired.

ritab

Post by ritab » Tue. Dec. 19, 2023 3:59 pm

Hi there,

I have just moved and now have a Pine Barren 2. I was curious to find out if you ever got a manual or found someone with knowledge or parts for the stove? Trying to get it to work. Any guidance is appreciated!

Rita

ShawnLiNy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Waterford
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by ShawnLiNy » Wed. Dec. 20, 2023 12:12 am

ritab wrote:
Tue. Dec. 19, 2023 3:59 pm
Hi there,

I have just moved and now have a Pine Barren 2. I was curious to find out if you ever got a manual or found someone with knowledge or parts for the stove? Trying to get it to work. Any guidance is appreciated!

Rita
Welcome to the forum, we can help you , start a new thread showing pics of stove and pipe arrangement , height etc . As Paul suggested warm pipe with either newspaper or hair dryer for 3-4 min on the pipe than light use

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”