Hitzer 254

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Mon. May. 31, 2021 12:34 pm

McGiever wrote:
Mon. May. 31, 2021 11:57 am
That just isn’t true!!
Any Room air hot or cold added by a baro will only lessen the chimney draft, never increase.

And furthermore if draft is becoming poor the baro is then headed towards being closed anyways.
I always thought this too, but...

I also thought we learned that in Black Betty’s case (forum member) that his draft increased when he added the baro proving he needed some secondary air controls on his 50-93? I forget which thread that was in.

Remember...he had some draft issues on an outside chimney with moisture getting in. He ended up putting a liner in, but if I recall his stove was in a small basement (hit room) near an exit door with stove pipe at a 45 to the side wall into the thimble. He was considering adding secondary air spinners or gaps in the window gasketing and I think he added a baro a short distance away from stove and it helped with his issues some but wasn’t a total fix. It got him by enough though if I recall until he installed the liner. Maybe I’m mixing two stories from two different people.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”