Echo fan? Worth it or not?

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Tue. May. 11, 2021 2:37 pm

Check your albums, that's where it wound up for me.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. May. 11, 2021 3:25 pm

Uploaded video files can only be embedded in player if they are .mp4 using h.264 video codec. h.264 is most common but some Apple products will use h.265. This is limitation of the browser, Youtube and other video services get around this by converting uploaded videos to compatible format.

You need to download and save the file and then open with your favorite video player. It's possible you may be prompted to open in player when you click download.

.mov is a proprietary Apple format* so it should play on most Apple machines. On Windows you may need to install additional software. VLC is available for multiple operating systems.

https://www.videolan.org/

.mov is not actually a format but container file something like a .zip Same thing applies to .avi. They can contain many types of formats like mp4, mpeg etc. Shall I go on? :lol:

Wal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Deville 600 , Colombian stove works morning star nu22
Baseburners & Antiques: Red Cross garnet mica baseburner double heater
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite / smokeless ovoids
Other Heating: Gas central heating / antique cast iron radiators

Post by Wal » Wed. May. 12, 2021 3:51 am

Hi , Just wanted to say I have a eco fan on my baseburner ( can’t remember what make,paid £65 ) it’s pushed out 320 cfm which sounds a lot but feels like a slight breeze . It does make a difference in the respect that the air is pushed further into the other room . What I like about it is that unlike some cheaper models it is complete silent , I see it as a useful addition. Mine is attached to the pipe work not directly to the stove as I wanted air flow into the room to the left ( And obviously there is nowhere else to position it ) . It has been working for 2 years on my other stoves fitted where my baseburner is now and worked flawlessly. So for the money think it’s a good investment, and obvious no electricity bills . 👍

Attachments

Crazyfarmer
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Eagle foundry company BELLEVille Illinois 42L 16

Post by Crazyfarmer » Wed. May. 12, 2021 6:39 am

Awesome thanks for the info and definitely the pictures speak 1 million words

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”