Buck Model 24

Uglysquirrel

Post by Uglysquirrel » Wed. Jul. 30, 2008 9:00 pm

Anyone have any working knowledge of the Buck Stove Model 24 ? A local dealer was selling them, $950, legs ~ $100, blower ~115 with the factory being able to deliver in 2-3 weeks as of this week . The dealer confirmed by a telephone call to the factory that the firebox has rectangular sides (not a V) with two shaker grates. Looks like a possible alternate for people that can't get a Mark in time for winter. Anyone have any experience with this model?

Thermodynamic

Post by Thermodynamic » Sun. Feb. 08, 2009 8:21 am

Did you end up getting the stove? I saw it on ebay and was wonding how it worked? Wrote the company looking for pix of the fire box/grates and copy of owners manual- no reply yet.

Uglysquirrel

Post by Uglysquirrel » Sun. Feb. 08, 2009 5:48 pm

No, got a Mark II.

Althought did not see the Buck 24, I saw their wood versions and from several design perspectives kind of too lenghty to get into here, it was kind of a down grade to the Mark. I would still like to see the 24 and especially the grate design. Don't think the Buck has a internal cavity for heating air like the Mark but would like to be proven wrong.

After experiencing 35-40#'s of red/white coal burning in the Mark at 2400 F with 10" high blues, I kinda want the best bulletproof design possible, after all, that much coal is only something like 450,000 BTU's in your basement. Yahhhhhahh

:>

Squirrel

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”