Buck Model 24

Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
Uglysquirrel
Stove/Furnace Model: Pocono

Post Wed. Jul. 30, 2008 9:00 pm

Anyone have any working knowledge of the Buck Stove Model 24 ? A local dealer was selling them, $950, legs ~ $100, blower ~115 with the factory being able to deliver in 2-3 weeks as of this week . The dealer confirmed by a telephone call to the factory that the firebox has rectangular sides (not a V) with two shaker grates. Looks like a possible alternate for people that can't get a Mark in time for winter. Anyone have any experience with this model?

Thermodynamic
Stove/Furnace Make: Dutch West
Stove/Furnace Model: Wood Stove

Post Sun. Feb. 08, 2009 8:21 am

Did you end up getting the stove? I saw it on ebay and was wonding how it worked? Wrote the company looking for pix of the fire box/grates and copy of owners manual- no reply yet.

Visit Hitzer Stoves

Uglysquirrel
Stove/Furnace Model: Pocono

Post Sun. Feb. 08, 2009 5:48 pm

No, got a Mark II.

Althought did not see the Buck 24, I saw their wood versions and from several design perspectives kind of too lenghty to get into here, it was kind of a down grade to the Mark. I would still like to see the 24 and especially the grate design. Don't think the Buck has a internal cavity for heating air like the Mark but would like to be proven wrong.

After experiencing 35-40#'s of red/white coal burning in the Mark at 2400 F with 10" high blues, I kinda want the best bulletproof design possible, after all, that much coal is only something like 450,000 BTU's in your basement. Yahhhhhahh

:>

Squirrel

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”