Last time moving wood!!!!

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sun. Aug. 30, 2020 6:23 pm

I have three cord of wood I am moving and stacking about 50 yards away from where I originally put it.

I also have a real nice Lopi Liberty wood stove I bought used recently at a very reasonable price.

Going to finish stacking the wood. In order to burn the wood I’d have to handle it six more times before it gets to the stove.

Going to burn the Lopi on a test burn, then I’m going to restore the Lopi stove.

After that the wood and the Lopi will be immediately sold. Unless something drastically changes, and it’s highly unlikely...

I will be buying coal from here on out. I have two ton of nut Blashak. 🤟

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Mon. Aug. 31, 2020 4:02 pm

yep, I didn't think you'd be going back

a permanent address on "coal easy street" is just too nice a neighborhood to give up

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t

Post by Hoytman » Mon. Aug. 31, 2020 5:42 pm

KingCoal wrote:
Mon. Aug. 31, 2020 4:02 pm

a permanent address on "coal easy street" is just too nice a neighborhood to give up
You better believe it, KC. You should hear Levi bellyaching about handling the wood so many times. LOL! Didn’t take him long to realize it either...about 3 lawn mower wagon loads. Ha ha...

Hoytman

Post by Hoytman » Mon. Aug. 31, 2020 5:44 pm

KingCoal wrote:
Mon. Aug. 31, 2020 4:02 pm

You better believe it, KC. You should hear Levi bellyaching about handling the wood so many times. LOL! Didn’t take him long to realize it either...about 3 lawn mower wagon loads. Ha ha...

Funny thing is...convinced my parents as well. My dad just knew that anthracite nut was going to smell like Sulphur. His words: “Boy was I wrong!”

11ultra103
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93, DS Comfortmax 75
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by 11ultra103 » Tue. Sep. 08, 2020 11:26 am

I'm with you! I need to finish splitting the wood I have left, then its all for sale. Well all except 2 to 3 cords, I still plan to burn a little in shoulder season. 3 cords should last me quite a few years.

fig
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF360
Hand Fed Coal Stove: T.O.M (Warm Morning converted to baseburner by Steve) Round Oak 1917 Door model O-3, Warm Morning 400, Warm Morning 524, Warm Morning 414,Florence No.77, Warm Morning 523-b
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 7.1/DS Machine basement stove/ Harman SF1500
Baseburners & Antiques: Renown Parlor stove 87B
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous/anthracite
Other Heating: Harman Accentra, enviro omega, Vermont Ironworks Elm stove, Quadrafire Mt Vernon, Logwood stove, Sotz barrel stove,

Post by fig » Tue. Sep. 08, 2020 6:09 pm

I have half a cord left. I burned most of it up when i ran out of coal last year towards the end of the season and was too lazy to pick up more. I wouldn't mind having 3 or 4 cords on hand but my source of free wood has dried up.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”