Coal consumption.

ratherbeflying
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Gibraltar MCC
Coal Size/Type: stove, nut, pea
Other Heating: electric baseboard- breakers OFF!!

Post by ratherbeflying » Tue. Mar. 17, 2020 6:06 am

im in north jersey, we have had a very mild winter... i literally still only went through 2 tons all season, first ton i bought october 20th, second ton i bought december 28th, and on march 3rd i bought 20 bags, from march 3 till now i only used 3 of those 20. i have had the stove off for the past week. just got her going again 2 days ago with some match light. 37* out and the house is a comfy 71 upstairs and 78 down with a nice low face temp of 357*. we like to keep the bedroom doors closed so they stay around 62*, so i guess that helps cut down on heating area. but i am so impressed with how little coal this house needs. 2 floors, 3 bedrooms, 2000sqft total. (probably only heating 1500 most of the time, when its crazy cold out i pump the stove up and open all the doors and heat the whole house, she does just fine. last winter we got down to -15* for 3 nights straight and with a face temp of 600-650* all 3 nights the house was a cozy 72 up and 82 down with no other form of heat) pretty impressive stuff. i wish i had the money to buy a trailer full and just leave it in my backyard....... tempting.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”