Alaska Kodiak HF Hopper question

Serge
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak nuts

Post by Serge » Tue. Sep. 10, 2019 6:25 pm

I would have a chance To buy a Kodiak HF whitout a Hopper. Does somebody have a similar stove with a hopper and what is the exact height of the original Hopper. I think it should be easy to build one with the correct mesure. How efficiency is the skaker on this stove?

Hrdnox1
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Pea

Post by Hrdnox1 » Thu. Sep. 12, 2019 10:12 am

I have a 2005 and newer model, I would love to help. Mine is Hand Fired and Hopper fed, I recently returned my view screen because i have a hopper (i didn't know it wasn't needed with a hopper). Please explain exactly what you are looking for, I think you are asking for measurements of the hopper itself. As far as the efficiency of the the shaker grate I'm not sure what you mean as this is done by hand. If yours is automatic i think you may be looking at a Kodiak II which is a stoker to the best of my knowledge.

Serge
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak nuts

Post by Serge » Thu. Sep. 12, 2019 8:08 pm

Thanks for your reply, I realy appreciate. Finally I changed my mind, the grate was dammaged (a tooth was broken) and other repaires.

kirtsy420
Hand Fed Coal Stove: alaska kodiak
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: clayton 1600
Coal Size/Type: rock coal. bituminous/ chest nut anthracite

Post by kirtsy420 » Mon. Oct. 26, 2020 9:28 am

i run a kodiak stove. i do not run a hopper. i want to but havent ordered one yet. i have my metal screen in my stove so i just dump a bucket of coal in from the top to the top of the fire brick. i dump a bucket in the morning and at night. if you call alaska you can order different grates for these stoves to burn different size coal. i personally run the grates for nut and stove coal. works really good for me. now i have noticed my stove like a manual damper than a barametric damper. but i also live in a deep valley covered by trees so that helps i think too.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”