Gibraltar LCC Installation

dtzackus
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Gibraltar LCC

Post by dtzackus » Thu. Jul. 10, 2008 9:18 pm

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the responses, I am glad that I opted for the Gibraltar LCC after everyone stated it was a better choice for our home. The stove has a seven inch flue and my chimney insert is seven inches as well, how perfect is that?

I am ording the seven inch stove pipe and getting a 90 (elbow), baro damper and 2 - two feet striaght pipe. I wish I had room for a stack heater (magic heater), but I do not have to room, the seven inch stack heater the local foundry has is 19 inches long, I do not have enough room for that. Once I put all the pieces together, shall I screw them togher I guess, how about a sealant for a closed tight seal?

I have inspected my chimney, I had a gas stove (of which I hated) and so far my chimeny looks in great shape, I have to take the rest of the 4 inch liner out and look at the rest of the chimeny, but the house is only 20 years old and I think I should be in good shape. I am planning on putting another CO2 detector in my rec. room in the basemnt the adjoining two car garage. I already have two upstairs.

Besides making sure I get the baro damper perfectly level, what else should I do? I have an area 4 ft by 4ft for the unit to sit on which will be tiled very soon. The wal next to the unit is already bricked. How do I check for draft? Do I light a match and make sure the smoke goes up the chimney instead of pulling pushed away from the chimney? My chimney is 8 by 8 block going all the way up for at least twenty five feet past the roof.

Any suggestions, recommendations are greatly needed!!

Thanks again everyone,

Dan

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”