Trying Again Next Season

jonnoh

Post by jonnoh » Wed. Feb. 13, 2019 1:26 am

Hi From a Long Absence,
First let me say what a truly warm forum this is. House warming and heart warming. Of course it's about keeping one's place warm, but also members here seem to really take care of each other. I was surprised at how saddened I was to hear of the death of William, a man I never met, but who's videos turned me on to pursuing antiques compared to modern stoves. (An expensive dream doesn't cost any more than a cheap one). I read so many encouraging posts to bring Freetown Fred back to his hill. Welcome back Fred and btw I updated my profile because as you said, ain't no one gonna steal me. Also the hands on help of coalstove lady in her time of need. What a great bunch of folks. I've been gone for a while because I've got a chimney blockage that I need to fix before I can even consider my going to coal situation. I've got a couple of hippie guys who are masons. They are always busy and they don't want to work on my house unless I'm there. I spend most of my time in Malaysia so I've got to work out a time with them for when I return to Maine in the fall. Being a pensioner, I've got to count the pennies. I didn't want to be one of those guys who get their situation figured out and then disappear before telling the conclusion of their stories, but guess I'm already that. I've been reading all along including the entire cooking with coal thread, plus keeping up with the hand fed and antiques forums. There is a real problem with this forum and that's that it is addictive. It seems while I ponder the ideas presented here it keeps my brain from being able to focus on the things I need to think about like lesson plans and exam questions. I do work here in Malaysia but that only keeps me in beans and brew money so it's the pension that pulls the freight when I'm in Maine. So thanks for the great forum and even letting a hippie pinko commie like me be involved.
Jon

keegs
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby (main floor)
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by keegs » Wed. Feb. 13, 2019 6:24 am

Welcome back Jonnoh ... Boy it's a small world. 🙂

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Wed. Feb. 13, 2019 7:08 am

Morning Jonah

This is quite the place, I’ve been a member of many online forums but these are the best people I’ve found in them all. I’ve been banging around here for over 10 years now although there was a period of a few years where I was not very active here. These days it’s like having coffee in the morning... the first thing I do when I sit down to have a cup is see what’s going on at the forum.

There just aren’t very many problems both heating and otherwise that can’t be solved here.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Wed. Feb. 13, 2019 7:15 am

Real good to hear from ya J!! :)

Den034071
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer, 3095

Post by Den034071 » Wed. Feb. 13, 2019 8:23 am

Jonah I hunted in Patten Maine great country .Are you near there .jack

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Wed. Feb. 13, 2019 9:09 am

Welcome Back Home!

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Wed. Feb. 13, 2019 9:45 am

Welcome back, Jon.....wherever you are. :D

Paul

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”