Looking to replace or upgrade ..

Heavyhauljunky
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Baker fireside
Coal Size/Type: Nut/anthracite
Other Heating: Air to air heat pump w/ac

Post by Heavyhauljunky » Tue. Feb. 12, 2019 1:39 pm

Hi fellas new member here I built my house two years ago and I have a heat pump with a/c about 1550 SQ ft without basement about 3200 with basement ranch hallway down the middle .. but I choose to heat with wood if it's free and available but if I have to pay I buy coal my first year hear with coal and it's well worth it less work I can load my stove at 5 at night and still have enough coals to get it going again the next day at 5 and the house is still 70-72 love coal .. last year was burning wood wife left bottom door open got hot well my heat tubes cracked I was working out of town and never knew this till I went to fire it up this year and I did clean it at end of last season but didn't notice they were cracked so in a pinch a buddy who can weld very well cut the top off and welded up the cracks so far so good but I'm told it will crack again Baker is out of business and I want to be looking invade it does crack again I'm looking at the DS economiser and the kozy king 100.. does anyone have either of these my question is they are fairly new and yet I see some for sale every so often do people like them or not . I can hook them to my existing duct work and only heat the living area and dump excess in to basement as needed

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Fri. Feb. 22, 2019 9:59 am

<<<< BUMP >>>>

coalfan
Hand Fed Coal Stove: ds circultor1500 \chubby coal stove
Coal Size/Type: nut/ pea ant.some bit.
Other Heating: kerosene\cold nat. gas