Crawford Stove

oldschoolhouse
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Sun mogul 295 laundry stove
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Treasure 12
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by oldschoolhouse » Tue. Jan. 29, 2019 10:50 pm

Hello,
I recently bought and restored a Treasure Crawford 12 cylinder stove. It is not a base burner, but has a back pipe. Its working wonderfully. I was hoping that someone on here could help me out with a bit of history. I would like to know what year or years the stove was made. I did not find any dates on the stove when I took it apart. I'd love to find an original ad for it and have it printed up to hang on the wall, but all of my internet searching has shown nothing. It is very similar to both the Tropic and Crystal stoves also made by Crawford. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
IMG_1277.JPG
.JPG | 16.9KB | IMG_1277.JPG

stovehospital

Post by stovehospital » Wed. Apr. 24, 2019 6:46 am

The treasure Crawford was made post 1905 or so right up to at least 1930. I have the catalogs with the stove in them. It is one of the less expensive of the coal stoves and designed for smaller homes or areas. This e very good heater but not quite as efficient as the base heaters made at the same time.

oldschoolhouse
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Sun mogul 295 laundry stove
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Treasure 12
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by oldschoolhouse » Fri. Apr. 26, 2019 10:11 pm

Thanks! I was thinking that time frame. I would love to be able to frame an old catalog advertisement on the wall. Is there a way to get my hands on one? The treasure worked wonderfully all winter long heating our house on its own. Nice and toasty even on the coldest of days. I shut down two weeks ago but re-lit tonight to get the chill off.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”