Ds coal insert

Jerseyguy

Post by Jerseyguy » Tue. Mar. 26, 2019 10:24 am

cedar wrote:
Sun. Mar. 24, 2019 2:04 pm
Any additional updates? What dislikes other than the lid have you noticed? Are you running a liner with to or no? Ive pretty much made up my mind that I'm switching from wood->coal this off season and leaning toward the DS, just prefer the styling over the hitzler.
Id love any additional photos as well, as the local shop doesnt have one to look over in person...
Still doing good, only compliant is the ash pan could be 1” longer and wider. I have to shovel the ash out that misses the pan. Other than that it’s been great. I’m using 1 bucket a day running on medium, temps are 20-30’s at night and 50-60 during the day. I’ll try to get some pictures tonight for you.

cedar
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Fireplaces Insert
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut
Other Heating: Osburn 2400 insert

Post by cedar » Sun. Oct. 13, 2019 7:23 pm

So I finally got my DS insert and shoved it into place last weekend, for some reason it seemed harder to move than my wood stove that weighed another 100 lbs.
Anyways haven’t fired it up yet. Need to get a barometric damper ordered for it.
I’m pretty happy with it just looking at it but I am disappointed in the manual. I was hoping it would discuss adjustments for the slide and knob on the right side and just general operating info but there’s none of that..
Any helpful advice on those 2 things?
Also does your slide not move easily? Like you have to pull it out a bit for it to slide smoothly?

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sun. Oct. 13, 2019 7:45 pm

I wouldn't hesitate to contact DS Stove Company. I'm sure they will talk you through everything. I called with questions and they were very helpful.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”