Moving/Setting a Hitzer 50-93?

GGordonWoody
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Penn Royal Dutches I
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: Electric baseboard

Post by GGordonWoody » Wed. Dec. 05, 2018 9:57 pm

I have to pick a Hitzer 50-93 stove from a freight terminal, and hopefully get it onto my low Tractor Supply trailer. I can back the trailer into my garage, drop the ramp, and slide it onto the floor. From there, I need to get it to over a door threshold and onto its pad on the heated side of the garage. About 30' total distance. I can only dead lift about 250 these days (about 1/2 stove weight).

I saw a video on YouTube where a guy made a "rail" from 2x4s to slide under the stove, then jack one end and nudge the stove down the incline onto it's pad. Looked good, I just need to know how wide I can make my rail so I can slip it in from the front and side.

Does anyone know how far apart the Hitzer 50-93 legs are spaced, as viewed from the front, and side? (see attachment)
Hitzer 50-93 dimensions.png
.PNG | 6.5KB | Hitzer 50-93 dimensions.png
Thanks

LouNY
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer fireplace insert
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: oil

Post by LouNY » Thu. Dec. 06, 2018 6:30 am

I can't help with the leg measurements but;
when I brought my 503 insert into the house I removed the doors and hopper and fire brick,
the insert was much lighter that way and easier to handle.

ottobody
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Lil heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS comfort max 75
Coal Size/Type: Rice, nut
Other Heating: electric baseboard

Post by ottobody » Thu. Dec. 06, 2018 8:16 am

hitzer 50-93 specs state 30" wide and 21" deep should be able to use an appliance dolly to move it. My comfort max 75, I bought cart wheels and bolted them to the legs which had holes drilled thru the bottom of the feet, rolled it across the basement.

GGordonWoody

Post by GGordonWoody » Thu. Dec. 06, 2018 7:46 pm

Wheels on/under legs sounds good, so I just ordered 4 of these for $6.42/ea.
200lb casters.png
.PNG | 186.6KB | 200lb casters.png
. 200lbs each. Thanks!

Serge
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak nuts

Post by Serge » Sat. Dec. 08, 2018 9:08 am

GGordonWoody wrote:
Wed. Dec. 05, 2018 9:57 pm
I have to pick a Hitzer 50-93 stove from a freight terminal, and hopefully get it onto my low Tractor Supply trailer. I can back the trailer into my garage, drop the ramp, and slide it onto the floor. From there, I need to get it to over a door threshold and onto its pad on the heated side of the garage. About 30' total distance. I can only dead lift about 250 these days (about 1/2 stove weight).

I saw a video on YouTube where a guy made a "rail" from 2x4s to slide under the stove, then jack one end and nudge the stove down the incline onto it's pad. Looked good, I just need to know how wide I can make my rail so I can slip it in from the front and side.

Does anyone know how far apart the Hitzer 50-93 legs are spaced, as viewed from the front, and side? (see attachment)
Hitzer 50-93 dimensions.png

Thanks
8 inches on the side and 20 inches on the front

GGordonWoody

Post by GGordonWoody » Mon. Jan. 14, 2019 9:41 pm

Thanks Serge. The rail gadget and those casters worked perfectly. Got the stove on the pad in no time flat. Sheesh, it was easy. I'll link to some photos on Facebook in the future. Just got the flue installed and I'll detail the pieces too. I basically stacked up everything, MPD, BARO, and two clean outs. Probably only needed the clean outs - ha. But I've read so many differing opinions about dampers that now I can try them all - or none!

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”