New here, seeking input.

CoalisCoolxWarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: old Sears rebuilt, bituminous- offline as of winter 2014
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Buckwheat
Other Heating: Oil Boiler

Post by CoalisCoolxWarm » Sun. Nov. 25, 2018 4:04 pm

Adding my 2 cents here, LOL.

Small space and you want the ability to go "low and slow" with the heat, I'll emphasize the Anthracite coal choice.

You can skip the smoke and various stages of burning Bit coal and wood if you like. It is ideally suited for varied burn rates and longevity with minimal "intrusion" into your space (smoke, smell, dirt etc) and your time.

Good luck!

Shack

Post by Shack » Sun. Nov. 25, 2018 5:10 pm

Hello. I called/looked at a few today. One was nice, about 8-9 years old and he is firm at $800, just too much for me at this time and I don't need it right away. One was about 10 years old and the blower didn't work and the glass was black and scratched up, he didn't like my offer at all. The other one, was nice too, not sure on age, maybe 6 or 7 years old, his best price was $1,100 and he was kind of upset that he 'had' to go that low.

I know they are out there, just going to take some time and more looking...which I expected and I am fine with.

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sun. Nov. 25, 2018 5:18 pm

They get less expensive as the weather warms...
Or someone needs cash badly...
Estate sales...

Shack

Post by Shack » Sun. Nov. 25, 2018 5:46 pm

Hey Cape Coaler. The time to buy a snow machine is July. The one guy said he listed it a 'few' years ago...hmm...and that if he can't get his price now he will hold onto it till fall...oh well...His Stove and I support his right to do so.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”