Blower motor for Hitzer 82FA

carmangeea
Other Heating: Propane

Post by carmangeea » Sat. Nov. 10, 2018 4:17 pm

We have had a HitzerFA for about 5 years now. Best money we ever spent. The blower motor was quiet the first year. Year 2 and since it is loud. Unlike others who have called Hitzer the customer service, I did not get the great customer service. They didn't seem to understand I was unhappy and didn't seem to have an answer for the problem. No offer to replace it. I have lived with it but not sure I can stand it another winter. Where and what do I buy to replace it? There is no info on the blower that I can find on the web site or in the manual. Only that it is a 980 CFM motor. We are in the southeastern corner of PA. Thanks for any help.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Nov. 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Get #'s & measurements off the one ya got & google GRAINGER--------- I'd call & talk with someone You're the first negative I've heard in 10 yrs about HITZER customer service??? Ya wanted them to replace it or ya wanted to buy one???

carmangeea
Other Heating: Propane

Post by carmangeea » Sat. Nov. 10, 2018 4:55 pm

I would have bought it if they couldn't replace it. They didn't offer either and didn't seem to think it was a problem. I did have a problem before that with the thermostat and they replaced it.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Nov. 10, 2018 4:58 pm

Any possibility that the blower is vibrating? That can make a lot of noise. If you push against it in a couple directions and if it stops then thats the problem. Doubtful but worth a try.

Grainger sounds like a good plan. They may have models that run quieter too.

LouNY
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer fireplace insert
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: oil

Post by LouNY » Sun. Nov. 11, 2018 9:20 am

I have a 503 insert, I replaced one of the blowers two years ago with a less expensive one, the other one went out this fall.
I just ordered one from onlinecomponets. It'll be nice when it gets in so I can have both fans going again. Looks like cat hair got around the motor shaft and bearings. I have contemplated pulling and cleaning these fans and maybe a couple of drops of oil on them but probably never going to happen till it's to late.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”