What;S a Mark II Worth

Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
pa coal cracker
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: MarkII and Mag Stoker

Post Sat. Jun. 21, 2008 7:09 am

A friend is probably going to sell his, I think it's about 5 years old, last year he put new fire bricks and and gaskets in. He's going to a boiler. Thanks Craig

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post Sat. Jun. 21, 2008 7:14 am

Wait until the Fall and he could sell it for 1 miiiiiiiiiiillllion dollars. :lol:

Assuming the grates and everything else is good shape right now I'd suggest about half of what a new one cost but there is really too many variables to give a definitive answer, does it look to be in really good shape?
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

- Albert Einstein

Visit Hitzer Stoves

Uglysquirrel
Stove/Furnace Model: Pocono

Post Sat. Jun. 21, 2008 10:39 am

Personal experience: got 750 for a II 1.5 months ago, sold in 2 days on Craigs, now a wait list for Harmons, bet could get 1K now, 1.2K in Sept, 1.4 K in Nov. Saw a Mark I in good shape on this forum the other day, asking 1.1 K I believe.

Steve.N
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman mkII
Stove/Furnace Model: Axeman Anderson 260 at store
Location: Crown Point, NY East side of the state about 130 miles above Albany

Post Sat. Jun. 21, 2008 11:46 am

All of us Harman dealers just got a notice that we will be on allocation through the end of the year as the factory is overwhelmed. There is also a 7% price increase that will effect stoves shipped after August. Not ordered and had a price quoted but shipped. This should make any good used stoves more valuble.
Life without oil heat is sweet !

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”