“The Beast” is up and running...

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Wed. Jan. 03, 2018 1:01 pm

I think it is store by store. I saw it happen here too. If anyone is curious, heres the feedback TSC is getting on nut coal (rice reviews are better). Notice how there hasnt been a good one since they switched to miners choice. Reviews were real good before that. You likely have to click on reviews where the stars are to read them. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/premium ... _vc=-10005

jrouse84
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D.S. Circluator 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by jrouse84 » Sat. Jan. 06, 2018 9:09 pm

I bought 2 pallets of TSC miners choice last spring for about 2.50 a bag. I talked with the manager as he was looking to offload it all at once. Got a killer deal. But man... this stuff is pretty rough. Loads of fines and random pieces of wood in it. I have to put it in a big tote and sort it by hand. If I just dump the bags in it will smother the fire out. My wife came home one day and called me at work, she said it was 51 degrees in the house. I was in a hurry that morning and just dumped a bunch in... yea it didn't like it. Had to really shake it down hard and all of the fines worked their way out and it was good to go after that. I mean... I would probably buy it again for that cheap, but I wouldn't pay near full price for that low of quality. I complain inside my head daily about sorting through it...lol.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”