New to handfired coal stoves

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Fri. Dec. 29, 2017 9:03 pm

Outside Combustion Air for Harman Magnum Stoker?

Greetings,Belated Merry Christmas,and Most Assuredly-Happy New Year !

After reading through this deal,I've adopted the feeling that I could care less if You generate Your useable voltage with the remnants of a scrapped Russian Navy Sub Nuke Reactor. Run what You've brung,and be Proud of it. God Love 'Ya for being off the grid. It takes an Independent Spirit,and some days,Brass Balls. The Peace of Mind that You Harvest from Your Choice is the payoff for the risk.

Now,with All those Salutations properly placed and out of the way,let's get Tactical. The above link is just a start for Folks that have run an Outside Combustion Air Supply. This one happens to be for a stoker. There are more. Perhaps if We put Our Heads,Keyboards and Mice Together,We coukld find You some Handfed examples. Personally,if I was Off The Grid,I'd go handfired. I'd go with the Outside Combustion Air Draw. Hell,I remember,back when Dane Harman was in control of Harman Stoves,they manufactured some models in the Mark 1 line that were approved for single wide modulars/trailers that already had the Outside Combustion Air Flange already on the stove,ready to be hard-piped to the Outside Air Source. We're talking way back !

With the advent of Super Tight/Super Insulated Home Designs,it was proven that the Outside Air Draw was mandatory,and a Life Saver.

Save Your juice for other moments of need. It's nice to meet someone Off-Grid that Lives in something a hair larger than a 16x20 sized structure.
Take Care of You and Yours' , Mister !

homeskillet
Other Heating: pellet

Post by homeskillet » Sat. Dec. 30, 2017 3:19 am

Hambden Bob wrote:
Fri. Dec. 29, 2017 9:03 pm
Outside Combustion Air for Harman Magnum Stoker?

Greetings,Belated Merry Christmas,and Most Assuredly-Happy New Year !

After reading through this deal,I've adopted the feeling that I could care less if You generate Your useable voltage with the remnants of a scrapped Russian Navy Sub Nuke Reactor

The price is right when buying a Russian Navy sub nuke......but the salvage fees are problematic :D

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Dec. 30, 2017 1:06 pm

I do believe shipping that lead boxed/shielded Puppy is what does You in !

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”