Need Manual: Sears Circulator "Automatic coal/wood burning"

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Wed. Dec. 20, 2017 2:44 pm

Model 143.840621

My neighbor one house down the road asked me for some assistance with his stove. He was having trouble keeping a wood fire burning (on the coal grates he didn't realize he had) through the night. When I went to look at the stove he apparently didn't realize it was a duel fuel stove, which I knew because I knew the elderly folks who built the house since I was a boy. Not too familiar with the stove it took me opening the loading door to find the shaker great, which does not have an outside handle. I imagine you could use the poker to do the shaking. I told him I knew where I could likely find good information to help him. He's currently burning wood and I told him to cover the grates with some thin fire bricks to help the wood burn and to help protect his grate. That's as far as I felt comfortable advising him without consulting you folks. From the previous owners he has several trash cans full of EKy bituminous he can burn. I have my doubts this stove was built for anthracite or even if it could be used in it. I think he's mainly wanting to burn wood, and his main concern is he'd like to get a manual for his stove. I hope posting in this part of the forum is ok.

Any help is much appreciated!!

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”