Only1 cure for Baseheater Anthracitis...nearing the home stretch!

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Wed. Dec. 20, 2017 2:21 pm

It's good to be back ladies and gentleman...actually I never totally left. We've popped in and out dozens of times to keep up the reading a bit. You may remember me from this thread.
A Place for a New Stove (Pics)

We moved in mid-September and we have some things yet to move from our old house before I get it ready for market come spring. When it's just you and the spouse and young son it takes a loooooong time to get everything moved...and we've made a lot of donations to local charities during all of this.

I burned the wood stove 4 times last winter while working in the house...it hadn't been burned in probably 18 years. Since moving in I thought it would be best to NOT burn the stove until I have the chimney inspected since finding a cracked tile liner just above the thimble after I shut the stove down last winter after working. I should have looked because I think the crack has been there a while. Prior to burning it 4 times while working you can see the pics of the upper liner in the photo's of the above link...she looked clean and in great shape then, but I hadn't yet checked the lower part before burning the stove which wasn't a good idea (after thought). That said, I'm hoping to have my other house sold come mid-March.

So, yes! We're nearing the home stretch to curing my BaseHeater Anthracitis. :clap: The searching will commence as soon as the house is sold. Meanwhile, I'll be keeping my eye out for a nice Warm Morning or two if I can get them cheap. If I can find one or five on the cheap..ha ha...then I'll be in Anthracite heaven yet this winter. That should work for the work shed and hold me over until I know for certain I can get my Glenwood and/or Crawford. Otherwise, I'm going to have to wait another season before I can burn coal, but maybe not before I can buy something to eat it.

P.S.
I like to have never found this place/forum...y'all changed the name on me and thought I wouldn't find you. HA! :out:

Jgib4
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Fire chief 450

Post by Jgib4 » Wed. Dec. 20, 2017 6:38 pm

If you forget and type in nepacrossroads it automatically redirects you to this sight 👍

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”