New to me Warm Morning/Estate Stove

coalturkey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 400
Baseburners & Antiques: Oakland #6 baseheater
Coal Size/Type: blaschek nut

Post by coalturkey » Thu. Dec. 07, 2017 1:42 am

I have been using Warm Morning stoves for years now and consider them one of the best stoves ever built. I have a 400 in one room and one like yours in another. They both hold 100 lbs of coal and, if they are closed right down. will run for 3 days. Don't worry about the side flues if you are burning anthracite as you need under fire air. The only beef I have ever had with them is that the grate is tiresome as it is a rotator style and takes a while sometimes. I tried a small base heater and it couldn't compare with the Warm Morning. They are easy to find and inexpensive too.

keegs
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby (main floor)
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by keegs » Thu. Dec. 07, 2017 5:27 am

Looks to be in good shape. Looking forward to your observations on how she heats.

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Thu. Dec. 07, 2017 2:32 pm

KingCoal wrote:
Wed. Dec. 06, 2017 4:14 pm
you made a super deal on that stove.

you need to get ahold of member Buck47, he has been using that style stove for a couple yrs. burning anth. nut size with spectacular results.

i'll go thru my PM's and see if i have a direct contact for him. i'll find a video of his stove during a tending cycle and post a link for you too.

steve
King Coal, I just sent a PM to Buck47 and Jubileejerry here is hoping for some solid advice from them. I really appreciate everyone's advice .

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Thu. Dec. 07, 2017 6:28 pm

i'm sure coalturkey can give you a very good step by step common tending outline.

i know both Buck47 and jubileejerry both run their stoves filled to the top and the chimney bricks open and flowing burning gas.

jubileejerry
Baseburners & Antiques: Wehrle Acme Sunburst 112, Hot Blast wood/coal burner

Post by jubileejerry » Thu. Dec. 07, 2017 8:43 pm

Pm sent. I forgot to tell you I use the same nut anthracite I use in the Wehrle. I have never purchased anything else...our choices are very limited out here in Nebraska. I have mine in the basement, too, and it sure makes the house feel better with the warm floors. I have discovered that when the main propane central heater goes on, the cold air supply ducts in the basement allow the propane unit to pull the warm basement air in and distribute it through the house with the warm air duct work and it doesn't run very long before shutting off again. That's kind of nice! Jerry

ASea
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120

Post by ASea » Fri. Dec. 08, 2017 8:57 am

Lightning wrote:
Wed. Dec. 06, 2017 6:14 pm
20 inch deep fuel bed? Omg, at low and slow I bet two full days easy.
That is my hope. Sometimes I work 24hr shifts. I would love to be able to come home and the stove is still cranking away.

ASea

Post by ASea » Sun. Dec. 04, 2022 1:41 pm

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”