Some Chubby Jr Measurements

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Thu. Nov. 30, 2017 1:35 pm

I had a fellow member PM me for measurements and since I took them I thought I'd put them here too. If I made any mistakes someone let me know and I'll edit.

Stove 28" tall with legs. 22 11/16" tall without legs. So the legs drop down 5 5/16". The top of the stove pipe would be about 17 11/16 from bottom of stove to top of stove pipe with legs removed and 23" to the top of the stove pipe with legs on. It has a 5" stove pipe and you can use adapter to go to 6" if you want too.

You'll want a clean out Tee pipe at the back of the stove where you make it go vertical. The distance of mine from the back of the T (5" T) to the back of the stove is about 10", its hard to be exact and that will vary by how far you put the Tee pipe on.

The firepot is about 9.75" across and a little over 5" deep (I have some ashes so not positive)

Legs are 13" across the front and 13.5" front to back. Those are close measurements, not exact.

Stove body is 14" across. The doors and top stick out farther.

Freedom
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby jr.
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by Freedom » Mon. Sep. 09, 2019 5:20 pm

Hey wrmn, thanks again for the measurements . Great news Larry got back to me already & a chubby Jr. is on its way to him already & he's going to see what it needs for a re - build .hasn't even been a week ..... I thought it might take months for him just to find one . That's what I call customer service , everything I ever heard about him & his company is no doubt true .quick question for ya , any easy way for me to pictures up on here from my phone or iPad ? I'm computer stupid ...... I've been checking out the measurements you provided & want to see what you & the gang think of my hearth set up I'm getting ready for the Jr. Thanks in advance man !

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Mon. Sep. 09, 2019 6:50 pm

Im not much help with the posting pics because i use a laptop. Maybe someone else will notice this and can help. If its the same as for me, click on "full editor & preview" below, then "attachments", then "add files". Unsure if the same for you.

Larry is easy to deal with. Glad he found you one quickly.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”