Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sun. Oct. 09, 2022 9:00 am

KingCoal wrote:
Sun. Oct. 09, 2022 8:25 am
No problem Joe and I should clarify. If you have seen pics of our house and posts I’ve made you’ll know that we do indeed “have” a sun porch across the front of our house.
It’s pretty much full of transitional items by which I mean stuff “I “ don’t need or want around here and that I selectively “ rehome “ in discrete amounts and on sporadic schedules.
Eventually we’ll be able to use it as you describe.
Sorry for the confusion
Does your wife refer to it as clutter? I refer to it as my stuff, as for some reason that's where everything of mine ends up. :yes:

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Sun. Oct. 09, 2022 10:26 am

KingCoal wrote:
Sun. Oct. 09, 2022 8:25 am
No problem Joe and I should clarify. If you have seen pics of our house and posts I’ve made you’ll know that we do indeed “have” a sun porch across the front of our house.
It’s pretty much full of transitional items by which I mean stuff “I “ don’t need or want around here and that I selectively “ rehome “ in discrete amounts and on sporadic schedules.
Eventually we’ll be able to use it as you describe.
Sorry for the confusion
(This is my third time trying to post this :x )
"Again"...Understood Steve. The consequences of inhabiting the same home, for many decades.
Today we awoke to 35°, the coolest morning this season. Warning us of what the future is bringing. I wunder when the 1st frost will be, and how it'll affect the wifes garden beds. This summer she planted more flowers than veggies, and they've really blossomed.
garden 2022 001.JPG
.JPG | 825.8KB | garden 2022 001.JPG
Today I have-ta get the fenders back on my tow dolly, so I can purchase a couple more ton of nut, and stove. (One on the tow dolly, the other on the back of the truck). I still have a couple weeks worth of burning, left over from last year, but because the days are still in the 50s-60s, I don't wanna start it...yet. Also gutta get the stove prepped for it.
Enjoy your Sunday people.

joeq

Post by joeq » Sun. Nov. 20, 2022 4:35 pm

And the 2022/23 heating season is in full bloom. (Possibly)

Fired the 111 for the 1st time this season. Had a bunch of people over Sat. nite, so an hr B4 they arrived, my daughter was wrapped up, and sitting on the floor, on top of the oil supplied heating register, but "not" complaining (verbally) that she was a bit cool. So an hr B4 our friends showed up, I went for the full Nelson, and began the initial heating of the 111. Because I hadn't prepped for it, I decided to start with scrap wood from the cellar wood shop, because I've used up my supply of Matchlight. Some pine, and hardwoods. And because I learned a while back, cracking a window increases the chances of a successful fire. And with-in an hr, the Glenwood was in full steam. And 24 hrs later, still keeping us comfortable. The best part was in the middle of the nite, sleep walking to the outhouse was as comfortable, as if it was summer. Unlike days B4 when the nites were in the 20s, it's a bit cool in the hallways, when the T-stat is turned down to 60°
Running on Lehigh stove right now, and have enuff to finish this season. Am worried about the availability next season tho. No pics yet, but will post some when decorated for the holidays.

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Sun. Nov. 20, 2022 6:04 pm

Nice to see yer firing the Glenwood Joe! Nothin like coal heat 🙂

joeq

Post by joeq » Sun. Nov. 20, 2022 8:41 pm

Man, you gut that right. Living area is now 75°. (19 outside)
thumbs up.jpg
.JPG | 7.8KB | thumbs up.jpg

tcalo
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford 40
Coal Size/Type: Nut/stove anthracite

Post by tcalo » Sun. Nov. 20, 2022 10:45 pm

Well done Joe!!! Nothing like having a warm house on those frigid nights. We are a week in and loving every minute.

joeq

Post by joeq » Sun. Feb. 26, 2023 2:14 pm

And the holiday season is long gone, and some resemblance of winter has arrived here, in southern NE. A dusting of snow, and temps "plummeting" into the 20s, (not complaining), and the 111 continues to serve us well. Had a couple flame-outs this winter cause of the warm temps, I lazed out on the tending, only to awake to a dead bed, but got it refired in a logical amount of time. Haven't taken the time to "de-ash" the guts yet, but it's coming. March is right around the corner, but usually brings the necessity to continue burning. Because of the rise of fuel prices this season, (Oil "and" coal), it's probably been my most expensive season ever. (Thanking the new administration, which I'm sure will unfortunately continue for another 4 yrs).
Hope all the other members stoves are being kind to them also. I keep watching Doug's video (Barnstable Stove Co.) with him showing off his restored 290 Stewart Oak, and it just tickles me pink to see such a beautiful piece of art work. "Someday" (mabe... ;) )

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Sun. Feb. 26, 2023 2:27 pm

Nice to hear from ya Joe! The black diamonds with the help of "Ruby" (my Axeman) have been doing a wonderful job thru this cold season :D

joeq

Post by joeq » Sun. Feb. 26, 2023 2:56 pm

Hi Lee. I'm sure your "cold" season, warranted your furnace, (being up there in the cold country), more than us down here. But the black rocks sure do take the bite outta winter.

tcalo
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford 40
Coal Size/Type: Nut/stove anthracite

Post by tcalo » Sun. Feb. 26, 2023 11:05 pm

Howdie Joe!! Glad all is well in your neck of the woods. Crazy winter here on the Island. Our C40 has been chugging along nicely since Halloween night. Spring is close!!! Plenty of coal left for next season. And with these fuel prices, thank goodness!!! Keep on burning my friend.

joeq

Post by joeq » Mon. Feb. 27, 2023 11:58 am

And another hello to you as well Tom. I'm not sure, but I think we'll still have winter. It's just that the seasons are now delayed a couple months or so. Our original winters of Dec-Feb., are now postponed or altered into Feb-April. Or so it seems. Guess we might have some white stuff tonite into tomorrow. Let's see what transpires. Good luck to all.

joeq

Post by joeq » Sat. Mar. 25, 2023 2:46 pm

I just spent almost 1/2 an hr with a post, and when "just about finished", lost it due to internet going down.
(Be back later)

joeq

Post by joeq » Fri. Apr. 07, 2023 6:36 pm

Alright, a couple weeks later, and don't even remember what I had written, B4 the bottom fell out.
But today I can say that even tho I shut the 111 down over a week ago, the Canadian air has blown in another front, so I'm burning black rocks...again. Typical for this time of year. I know the warmth will be returning soon, but this week-end the temps will be below freezing again, and I'ld rather give the money to the miners, than the oil companys. But hey, that's just me. Wunderin who else is burnin. Anyone got yer ears on?

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Fri. Apr. 07, 2023 7:18 pm

joeq wrote:
Fri. Apr. 07, 2023 6:36 pm
Alright, a couple weeks later, and don't even remember what I had written, B4 the bottom fell out.
But today I can say that even tho I shut the 111 down over a week ago, the Canadian air has blown in another front, so I'm burning black rocks...again. Typical for this time of year. I know the warmth will be returning soon, but this week-end the temps will be below freezing again, and I'ld rather give the money to the miners, than the oil companys. But hey, that's just me. Wunderin who else is burnin. Anyone got yer ears on?
I'm burning.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Fri. Apr. 07, 2023 7:51 pm

Occasional wood fires here.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”