New Coal 2017/2018

Canaan coal man
Stoker Coal Boiler: Efm 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: A little cubby coal stove in the basement
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6
Coal Size/Type: Stove And Nut

Post by Canaan coal man » Mon. Nov. 06, 2017 12:30 pm

Joe, that bagged Nut looks very large compared to my bulk nut. No matter what the size you cant go wrong with Lehigh......

Homesteader
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove
Other Heating: H.B. Smith oil fired boiler

Post by Homesteader » Mon. Nov. 06, 2017 2:51 pm

My buddy works with this guy he is selling bagged lehigh, Im not sure if he can get stove size? He lives in Bantam, CT so thats fairly close by for you.
Thanks CCM. I grew up in Bantam and live just up the road so I'll give him a call. I think I know who he is anyway but if he doesn't have it in stock I'm not sure it's worth his time to order just ten bags so I can experiment. Was looking for someone who had it in stock in the CT. area.

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Mon. Nov. 06, 2017 4:24 pm

Homesteader wrote:
Mon. Nov. 06, 2017 2:51 pm
Thanks CCM. I grew up in Bantam and live just up the road so I'll give him a call. I think I know who he is anyway but if he doesn't have it in stock I'm not sure it's worth his time to order just ten bags so I can experiment. Was looking for someone who had it in stock in the CT. area.
Hi JL. Brendon done good, finding you a supplier as close as "Batman" CT. But if they don't have stove size, BTI in Bristol, was kind enuff to stock an inventory of Lehigh stove and nut. Maybe you could check them out too. happy hunting.

joeq

Post by joeq » Mon. Nov. 06, 2017 4:29 pm

Canaan coal man wrote:
Mon. Nov. 06, 2017 12:30 pm
Joe, that bagged Nut looks very large compared to my bulk nut. No matter what the size you cant go wrong with Lehigh......
Like I mentioned Brendon, it's just the 1st bag, and at the top that the photo of the nut was from. It's not bad, just a little less consistent than Blaschack use-ta provide. I haven't opened a full bag, to see how much fines are there, but I know the stove I bought last season was good. This is my 1st bag, (ton) of Lehigh nut I've purchased, so if winter would ever arrive, I can't wait to take it for a test drive. :)

Homesteader
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove
Other Heating: H.B. Smith oil fired boiler

Post by Homesteader » Tue. Nov. 07, 2017 7:21 am

[Hi JL. Brendon done good, finding you a supplier as close as "Batman" CT. But if they don't have stove size, BTI in Bristol, was kind enuff to stock an inventory of Lehigh stove and nut. Maybe you could check them out too. happy hunting
Thanks Joe and CCM, looks like I have some good choices. :yes:

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Tue. Nov. 07, 2017 7:31 am

Nice looking coal. The old Chevy doesn't look bad either. :)

joeq

Post by joeq » Tue. Nov. 07, 2017 4:32 pm

Rob R. wrote:
Tue. Nov. 07, 2017 7:31 am
Nice looking coal. The old Chevy doesn't look bad either. :)
Hey Rob, are you talking about my dump run junker, top of 1st page? i've owned it since there were only "square bodies", and 6.2s. No 6.5s, turbos or Duramaxes had been born yet. We've had a "love hate" relationship, but after all these years we're stuck with each other. (Kind-a attached to the old thing, though some tell me to retire it.) Oh yeah, it "does" need rear tires too. ;)

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”