Lit Back Off on May 19th

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Sun. May. 21, 2017 7:55 am

Well just when I was getting ready to use this weekend to breakdown my stove to parade rest, clean it get it ready for summer storage, the temps drop back down into low 50's for the high. I've got a perfectly good stove, lots of coal, some wood so I couldn't see burning dino juice to stay warm. SOOOO I lit back off two days ago and have a half firebox fire going in the Vig.

Why be cold said I to myself? You don't have to be I replied to myself.

I love the black rocks.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Sun. May. 21, 2017 8:41 am

47° when I got up here on the CT shore. Brrrrr!

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Sun. May. 21, 2017 9:57 am

I let the range go out last week when we got into the mid 90's. Cleaned it out completely. But having to deal with being spoiled by the coal stove always having a kettle of hot water at the ready. This having to wait for the pro-pain stove to heat up the kettle for our instant coffee is annoying. Sure takes the "instant" out of the title.

Woke up to 42F yesterday with house furnace running. Like you Rev, I figured why pay for that when I have fuel for the range. So I ran it on wood all day to give it a good coating of creosote. But, it didn't take long to remember why I use coal. Having to bring in and reload with wood every 30-60 minutes gets old.

Still cold this morning - house heat coming on. I've got things to do and being chained to a wood stove is not one of them. Fired it back up on coal. Hello easy street !!! ;)

Paul

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”