Participation Survey

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Thu. Apr. 13, 2017 6:22 am

Pauliewog wrote:Forgot to answer the rest of the survey...........After the fire is out, Im addicted and will still be checking in.

And definitely ........#4

Are we eligible for a psychiatric group rate under Medicare or Obamacare (For you youngins) ?

Paulie
That's a big 10-4 Paulie, and you can choose any doctor you want, as long as the doctors are from "Hearth.com"
(TOTP) :D

ddahlgren
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by ddahlgren » Thu. Apr. 13, 2017 7:54 am

windyhill4.2 wrote:My Crane 404 went cold on March 25,after I closed the air knobs on the 24th,my EFM520 coal boiler runs 366 days & will handle these shoulder months just fine on it's own.

This time of yr is always crazy busy for me in my repair shop,this yr is no exception. This is now my 2nd spring rush season since my wife died,so I now do all the repair work + all the paper work,including all the billing ,banking stuff & paying the bills,open newly arrived parts boxes,count the parts,put them in their place,add the inventory into my Quick books system. There is also house work to be done.

I am trying to view what is new on this forum on a daily basis. The only other internet sites I visit nearly daily are 2 dating sites which are looking to be a total waste of my time.Some of the pictures on those sites are definitely better looking than most on this forum,but some are way uglier too.

(IDEA) Is there any coal burners dating site ? Maybe I could find a more down to earth prospect there.
As an off and on user of dating sites my take from experience meeting with a date is most pics are 10 years old at best some more LOL. Most have unreasonable expectations as well think they are having a few dates with a college age football team captain. Told one in an email after we decided to meet at a local bar for a couple of drinks and bar snack chat etc. that if she did not look like her pic she was buying the drinks until she did to me. It is the wild west better to meet someone local though friends family etc.

3006guns
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Pot belly caboose stove, to be installed in shop.

Post by 3006guns » Thu. Apr. 13, 2017 8:04 am

I'm brand new to coal and this site, so I have yet to get my stove (potbelly) installed in my shop. We use wood in the house and it does a pretty fair job, even though the stove is a bit small. In fact, I just had an "emergency" cord dropped off yesterday and of course it rained all night before I could get it stacked and covered! Since installing the wood stove we've used the propane furnace ($) TWICE during the winter.

June, July and August will be spent rebuilding the potbelly and acquiring anthracite from a LONG distance away. Since I live in wood heat country, why the sudden desire to try coal? Time. My barrel stove in the shop heats well but I have to feed it several times during the day and I'd rather have a heat source that's constant so I can pay attention to my shop work. Another big plus is that the fuel (coal) will take up a lot less storage than wood and I won't be dipping into the house wood supply.

So, I really have nothing to offer regarding experience. Nope......just enthusiasm!

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”