First Year Coal User. Question About Maximum Heat Possibili

oliver power
Stoker Coal Boiler: KEYSTOKER Kaa-2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & 30-95, Vigilant (pre-2310), D.S. 1600 Circulator, Hitzer 254

Post by oliver power » Sat. Mar. 18, 2017 7:40 pm

I wonder where he went???

jrouse84
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D.S. Circluator 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by jrouse84 » Mon. Mar. 20, 2017 7:02 am

I'm still here. Been a busy weekend. With the hopper out it did indeed radiate more heat over the weekend. Much much better. Fan worked out well still. Can't remember the temps. But tending the stove with no hopper is more tedious than with the hopper. Most likely because it is a smaller stove and it doesn't hold as much coal. You can't just pile it up in the mornings and run. It will cover all of the red coal and not take off well. Gas build up etc. I had to layer it and get it going that way. It worked well on my off days. However yesterday I had to work it didn't work so well. When I woke up I got it as full as I could while leaving some red showing through to keep the flame going. It wasn't full to the top of the box. When I got home around 14 hours later I only had about 10 coals that were left. Maybe not that many, and the rest was ashes. So I just emptied the whole stove and cleaned it out and started over. I checked the weather and it's going to be another odd week. 60's daytime and 40 at night. I put the hopper back in it as it puts out less heat when using it. I figured I could just turn it really low and see how it does this week. Probably have to open some windows off and on. I guess that's how it goes.

~Typed from a phone, forgive my spelling :)

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”