The Day After Merry Christmas1950S

Den034071
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer, 3095

Post by Den034071 » Thu. Dec. 29, 2016 4:29 pm

The 26th of December my pop visited his miner buddy .I was with them .They started on a case of Ballantine beer and Corbys whiskey . Both worked at no. 8 mine .Chas an wife lived with chas dad Andy .Now these 2 could drink They started tellin storys.Remember when we loaded24 cars of coal .An when our chute in 1944 ran for 5 months and we loaded 400 cars of coal .They drank a shot of whiskey washed down with a beer .Remember when we scared the new Pollock guy .Chas hid a mannekin up the chute area .Chas told the New guy to watch for rocks an planks and remove them .Well the mannekin came tumbling down the coal chute an looked Dead . Dead The poor guy screamed "Me No work Here Dead People Here in MIne". Seems pop said they were working close an Under A Cemetary . Remember when we were out drinkin an we had Limberger cheese an Hard Boiled Eggs at Judys bar .Pop laughed .Note the chutes and working tunnels are connected to each other .Well Chas past a Whopper of Gas the next working day .The next 3 chutes Hollered you soma a beech cover that Poop Thinking someone defficated . .Lastly They killed the case of Andys beer and it was late at nite . So they filled the beer bottles with water and added Coffee Grounds to similate Effervescence .Andy came home as pop and I were leaving .We were out side .Andy cracked a beer took a swig . You could here the cussin for miles .What The Hell Kinda Beer am I drinkin .You som a beech Chas I'm gonna kill you. ------Jack from Coaldale

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Dec. 29, 2016 5:43 pm

:D Nice Jack. Thanx for sharin my friend! Damn things were simpler & no matter what, people never lost their sense of humor.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Thu. Dec. 29, 2016 8:04 pm

Den034071 wrote: Remember when we scared the new Pollock guy .Chas hid a mannekin up the chute area .Chas told the New guy to watch for rocks an planks and remove them .Well the mannekin came tumbling down the coal chute an looked Dead . Dead The poor guy screamed "Me No work Here Dead People Here in MIne". Seems pop said they were working close an Under A Cemetery . ------Jack from Coaldale
I do remember that story you told us way underground :) Priceless :lol:

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Thu. Dec. 29, 2016 9:06 pm

Dammitt,Jack !! I just whizzed myself laughing at this Whopper !! This was funny as Hell !! Here's to Your "Old Man" and his Sub-Terranean Cronies from 'Da Day !! :flex: :up: :dancing:

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”