Warm Morning 617A

RSorjanen
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby,Warm Morning 617A/Warm Morning 523
Baseburners & Antiques: Empress Atlantic
Coal Size/Type: nut, pea

Post by RSorjanen » Tue. Nov. 15, 2016 1:17 pm

I think I have caught the disease. Was browsing in CL and found a Warm Morning for short money. Will look at it Saturday, pics seem like all is in good shape. And I have to blame this forum for the addiction. :D If I get it will now have two coal stoves going.

Bob

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Tue. Nov. 15, 2016 1:56 pm

You know of course that there is no cure, right? :)

Check the stove over good. I'm taking for granted that you've already seen KingCoals posts on what to look for on a Warm Morning.

SawDustJack
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Newcastle/Ironhouse;Warm Morning 617a
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut

Post by SawDustJack » Tue. Nov. 15, 2016 4:00 pm

Funny you post this! I had a CL score myself yesterday on a Warm Morning 617a that was local to me. Getting her ready for a little break down and clean!
IMG_2008-M.jpg
.JPG | 42.6KB | IMG_2008-M.jpg

RSorjanen

Post by RSorjanen » Tue. Nov. 15, 2016 4:08 pm

nice find also. Saturday will check the one I am looking at and maybe bring it home, he is only asking $100.00 for it so we will see.

corey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Buck Stove Hybrid
Coal Size/Type: Eastern KY bituminous

Post by corey » Wed. Nov. 16, 2016 2:24 pm

SawDustJack wrote:Funny you post this! I had a CL score myself yesterday on a Warm Morning 617a that was local to me. Getting her ready for a little break down and clean!
IMG_2008-M.jpg
Nice.

SawDustJack

Post by SawDustJack » Sat. Nov. 19, 2016 7:16 pm

I wanted to check in to see if you were able to check out that stove? I got to take mine a part some this week and I think I did pretty well in terms of a good CL find. No major issues other than a few nuts and bolts to replace and some paint. I am hoping to fire it up after the holiday next week to see how she burns!

RSorjanen

Post by RSorjanen » Sat. Nov. 19, 2016 9:01 pm

SawDustJack wrote:I wanted to check in to see if you were able to check out that stove? I got to take mine a part some this week and I think I did pretty well in terms of a good CL find. No major issues other than a few nuts and bolts to replace and some paint. I am hoping to fire it up after the holiday next week to see how she burns!
I did check it out and brought it home. seems to be in real nice shape. I am only missing the shaker handle so will order one. It was very easy to get started and it held about 60 pounds of nut. I love the looks of the four chimneys. The person told that the other owner bought hooked it up and ran it and then was told he could not use it going into the same chimney as his oil boiler so he took it out and let it sit. I think I got a good deal.
I hope you have good luck with yours.
Bob

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Sun. Nov. 20, 2016 9:04 am

RSorjanen wrote:
SawDustJack wrote:I wanted to check in to see if you were able to check out that stove? I got to take mine a part some this week and I think I did pretty well in terms of a good CL find. No major issues other than a few nuts and bolts to replace and some paint. I am hoping to fire it up after the holiday next week to see how she burns!
I did check it out and brought it home. seems to be in real nice shape. I am only missing the shaker handle so will order one. It was very easy to get started and it held about 60 pounds of nut. I love the looks of the four chimneys. The person told that the other owner bought hooked it up and ran it and then was told he could not use it going into the same chimney as his oil boiler so he took it out and let it sit. I think I got a good deal.
I hope you have good luck with yours.
Bob
awesome, I think you will be both quite surprised and thrilled at what that 617A is capable of.

happy heating,
steve

RSorjanen

Post by RSorjanen » Mon. Nov. 21, 2016 7:39 am

Love this new to me stove. Have to figure out a good running temp for it. It seems to be an easy stove to run. I might even look for another one
Bob

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Mon. Nov. 21, 2016 7:46 am

RSorjanen wrote:Love this new to me stove. Have to figure out a good running temp for it. It seems to be an easy stove to run. I might even look for another one
Bob
There are a lot of them out there, the problem is finding one in good shape. A lot of them have the chimney bricks broken apart, and they are very expensive to replace.

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about

Post by KingCoal » Sat. Sep. 02, 2017 10:52 am

Say Bob, would you and SawDustJack consider adding your daily shake, refill and draft routines for this stove to the thread ?

since it is already titled directly to the WM 617A it would be neat to have it all in one place.

thanks,
steve

SawDustJack

Post by SawDustJack » Sat. Sep. 02, 2017 5:49 pm

KingCoal wrote:Say Bob, would you and SawDustJack consider adding your daily shake, refill and draft routines for this stove to the thread ?

since it is already titled directly to the WM 617A it would be neat to have it all in one place.

thanks,
steve
Mine has not been put to use yet other than the driveway.

KingCoal

Post by KingCoal » Sat. Sep. 02, 2017 9:58 pm

thanks for letting us know, hope you get to use it some day it sounded like it was a good on e when you reported finding it.

steve

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”