Just Started up the Chubby!!! Bring on the Cold

finallywarm
Hand Fed Coal Stove: coal chubby
Coal Size/Type: nut, wood pellets

Post by finallywarm » Tue. Oct. 18, 2016 2:05 pm

this past weekend night temps hit 36f. cleaned out chubby, new coat of hi temp pain. cured paint over several hot fires. settled in for the night and had my chubby burning all night. woke up sunday morning and stove was still on. dang love how that coal heat just wraps you up and lets you know its there for you. she keeps my coffee hot while I step away, she will protect you and keep you warm, if I lose electric power I can still cook with her. she is my friend and I love her..... oh boy, sorry just got a little carried away. well you guys know what I mean. enjoy the winter everyone...

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Tue. Oct. 18, 2016 3:21 pm

FW

Glad you are happy with your Chubby!!

Still a few weeks away from fire up time here at the Chubby Central US Office. While everyone is starting to get cold back East we are having Mid 70's to Mid 80's through the end of October. WOO HOO!! We have the AC on right now! Double WOO HOO!!! Only downside is I can't wear my Chubby Stove sweatshirt.. MMMMM. May need to have some Coal Chubby T shirts printed up....... :lol:

And in case anyone was wondering YES TSC has Anthracite here in stock and on the floor.... :D

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Tue. Oct. 18, 2016 5:03 pm

ONEDOLLAR wrote:And in case anyone was wondering YES TSC has Anthracite here in stock and on the floor....
I'm not sure how winters are in Oklahoma, how much black rock burning can ya do there?

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Tue. Oct. 18, 2016 7:25 pm

Lightning wrote:I'm not sure how winters are in Oklahoma, how much black rock burning can ya do there?
More than you might think.. There isn't much between the Great Plains and the North Pole except a few barbed wire fences. When the jet stream dips down into Texas that Arctic air can get pretty darn cold. Difference is this doesn't happen till sometime in November and ends about March 1st and nor is one locked in to the cold like back East. All in all I expect to burn probably round 1/2 to 3/4 of a ton and be very very comfortable. Besides the Chubby can idle down pretty low when needed. :D

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”