Gibraltar Cfs Glass

Salemcoal

Post by Salemcoal » Sun. Apr. 20, 2008 2:20 pm

I just picked up a Gibraltar cfs in good shape. The glass is pretty clear. Can any gibraltar owners tell me if it will stay clean like the harmans or glaze over like my Alaska stoker does? Also will this stove put out comparable heat to a Mark II? Thanks

tstove

Post by tstove » Mon. Apr. 21, 2008 11:34 pm

I have a cfi ,I think it's the same as you're stove except mine is a insert.I don't have any trouble with the glass on mine.It should belt out some serious heat,mine does.I'm going to attach a pdf file for you to look at,It's the owners manual.
GibraltorManual.pdf
.PDF | 1.1MB | GibraltorManual.pdf

Salemcoal

Post by Salemcoal » Tue. Apr. 22, 2008 9:14 am

Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing the fire after looking at the orange haze on my Alaska Stoker for the past 2 years. Can you turn your insert down for long slow burns? How many tons do you use per year?

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Tue. Apr. 22, 2008 7:24 pm

Salem,

See this thread where I describe how I keep the glass in the Alaska clean. Over three weeks now, and I can still get it clear using just water and paper towels.

Cleaning Glass/Stove

Salemcoal

Post by Salemcoal » Tue. Apr. 22, 2008 10:05 pm

Thanks Wood n Coal. I'll try it when I locate some. It has always bugged me how the alaskas glass was so hard to keep clean compared to the mark II I used to have. Wife wants to see the fire and been threatening to go back to wood. She wasn't the one cutting , splitting and hauling it in.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”