In case anyone needs a little reminder or a refresher on how to start a coal fire and tend to your Chubby, here is the video Larry made on the subject.
As always it is VERY VERY wise to have a fire extinguisher, and make sure you have fresh batteries in the smoke and co detectors!!!! NOBODY PLANS on having an accident but accidents can happen. Be safe not sorry.
As always if you need any help feel free to contact us.
The CHUBBY STOVE COMPANY LLC.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 6019
- Joined: Fri. Nov. 22, 2013 2:17 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
- Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both
- Location: Jonestown,Pa.17038
ONEDOLLAR,thanks for this link to a great coal burning video. Finding & viewing the video will now be much easier.
- Posts: 4745
- Joined: Sat. Feb. 11, 2012 11:53 am
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson
- Stove/Furnace Make: Thermopride
- Stove/Furnace Model: oil fired
- Location: Northern CT
That is a great video, and really shows the strong points of the Chubby. And I still have to say again, the picture window is one of the stoves best improvements.