What Is It Worth?

wildwood
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Northland DF-790 Multi-Fuel Boiler

Post by wildwood » Wed. Nov. 11, 2015 3:47 pm

I have this in the basement but cant hook it up to the same chimney as my furnace like it has been due to updated building codes. Thinking about selling it on craigslist. What would you list it for? As is in place?
IMG_3909.JPG
.JPG | 114KB | IMG_3909.JPG
IMG_3911.JPG
.JPG | 135.5KB | IMG_3911.JPG
Last edited by wildwood on Sat. Apr. 01, 2017 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved to Hand Fired Coal Stoves

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Thu. Nov. 12, 2015 6:12 am

unfortunately the original chimney bricks are gone and been replaced by a patch work of standard flat bricks.

the stove was let go out and not cleaned out after last use and can't see anything of the condition of the grates.

it nice when there is an ash pan and shaker handle with them.

all things considered, if there are no splits or cracks in the top, trim and legs those would be worth about $50.00 to someone interested it using them in a rebuild project.

the stove may burn OK in present condition and might get $150.00 as is / where is. no real tellin' till you get someone to look it over and consider how it would fit their needs and make an offer.

steve

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Nov. 12, 2015 7:53 am

Put $500.00, hell you're from CT!!! :clap: toothy Ya can always negotiate DOWN.

ddahlgren
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by ddahlgren » Thu. Nov. 12, 2015 8:27 am

looks like a Craigslist contender to me. Everything is worth what someone will pay for it. I would ask 350 as low enough to catch some interest. CT is 95% wood burners compared to coal so a smaller group interested.

waldo lemieux

Post by waldo lemieux » Thu. Nov. 12, 2015 12:08 pm

I hate to give away yer moola but it looks like a great donation to the stove ministry :idea:

Canaan coal man
Stoker Coal Boiler: Efm 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: A little cubby coal stove in the basement
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6
Coal Size/Type: Stove And Nut

Post by Canaan coal man » Thu. Nov. 12, 2015 12:19 pm

freetown fred wrote:Put $500.00, hell you're from CT!!! :clap: toothy Ya can always negotiate DOWN.
Hey now......... :shock:

ddahlgren
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by ddahlgren » Thu. Nov. 12, 2015 1:03 pm

waldo lemieux wrote:I hate to give away yer moola but it looks like a great donation to the stove ministry :idea:
Wish I thought of that! A worthy cause and will keep a cold family warm. If I had a truck I would be part of a weekend relay to get it there in 100 mile or so legs to be passed on the the next person unless someone is making the trip that way either empty or with some room in a truck.

wildwood

Post by wildwood » Thu. Nov. 12, 2015 5:46 pm

Only markings I can find is "estate" this is what I found hanging on the wall next to the stove. Shaker handle?
image.jpeg
.JPEG | 140.3KB | image.jpeg

wildwood

Post by wildwood » Thu. Nov. 12, 2015 5:49 pm

KingCoal wrote:unfortunately the original chimney bricks are gone and been replaced by a patch work of standard flat bricks.

the stove was let go out and not cleaned out after last use and can't see anything of the condition of the grates.

it nice when there is an ash pan and shaker handle with them.

all things considered, if there are no splits or cracks in the top, trim and legs those would be worth about $50.00 to someone interested it using them in a rebuild project.

the stove may burn OK in present condition and might get $150.00 as is / where is. no real tellin' till you get someone to look it over and consider how it would fit their needs and make an offer.

steve
The grate looks solid and there is a spare grate in the garage. Hmmm

wildwood

Post by wildwood » Thu. Nov. 12, 2015 5:51 pm

ddahlgren wrote:looks like a Craigslist contender to me. Everything is worth what someone will pay for it. I would ask 350 as low enough to catch some interest. CT is 95% wood burners compared to coal so a smaller group interested.
Right, think I know a guy that comes by Old Saybrook that rebuilds stoves, might want to run it by him.

wildwood

Post by wildwood » Thu. Nov. 12, 2015 5:54 pm

Canaan coal man wrote:
freetown fred wrote:Put $500.00, hell you're from CT!!! :clap: toothy Ya can always negotiate DOWN.
Hey now......... :shock:
haha very true

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Thu. Nov. 12, 2015 7:21 pm

wildwood wrote:
ddahlgren wrote:looks like a Craigslist contender to me. Everything is worth what someone will pay for it. I would ask 350 as low enough to catch some interest. CT is 95% wood burners compared to coal so a smaller group interested.
Right, think I know a guy that comes by Old Saybrook that rebuilds stoves, might want to run it by him.
if it is fully functional as is, someone who needs a stove for heat is going to give you more than any one who is a rebuilder.

rebuilders have to buy at a price that is low enough for them to bury their time and materials in the resale price without having to sit on it forever.

FWIW, I've heard of these selling with new barrels, good grates, trim, legs, tops and doors for around $350 and the buyer would still need to cast new bricks.

again, it's a matter of who sees it and is interested for what reason.

too bad we,re so far apart, i'd be interested in it as parts myself.

good luck,
steve

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”