Question for TLC-2000 Owners

Devil505

Post by Devil505 » Thu. Mar. 06, 2008 11:00 am

EasyRay wrote:
Devil5052 wrote: Good looking stoves aren't they!! I love my TLC-2000. One thing I did this year (my 3rd heating season with it) that you may want to consider is added another layer of firebrick to the top of the original brick. I hade found it makes loading easier, gives you longer burns & has not decreased heat output. Worth the $16.00 investment!
I may try that next year. I'll just cut them in half and stack em the same way. I really don't have a problem with coal on top of the brick. I just knock off any pieces when I'm done loading.

My wife loves the looks and that is the clincher for me. :)

I do get some bridging on the left and right side after I shake, but I use a straight poker between the bottom grates to slide in and move it a little so it will settle. Tap the top of the coals so they will settle. Finish loading on the sides and then give it another little shake.

Next year I think I'll try to double the brick on the sides so they will be straight up and down. That should stop the slight bridging problem. The slight angle to the sides is only good if you also want to burn wood.
I just laid the bricks sideways across the top of the original bricks. 2 did the back & 1 each does the sides. 4 total bricks for $16.00!!

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Thu. Mar. 06, 2008 4:32 pm

I like the TLC, that was my first choice, by my wife saw the picture of it and said "No", so I went with the Mark I. Yes, I recommend Harman, a very well made stove. To bad their manuals are so poorly written.
Last edited by CoalHeat on Thu. Mar. 06, 2008 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devil505

Post by Devil505 » Thu. Mar. 06, 2008 5:20 pm

Wood'nCoal wrote:I like the TLC, that was my first choice, by my wife say the picture of it and said "No", so I went with the Mark I. Yes, I recommend Harman, a very well made stove. To bad their manuals are so poorly written.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My wife loves the look of the TLC over any of the Mark series. She thinks it looks a little more modern & sleek.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”