Secondary Air Damper?

ddahlgren
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by ddahlgren » Sat. Nov. 28, 2015 11:30 am

Badger Freezer wrote:
ddahlgren wrote:If you feel safe fine with me though have zero faith in a 1929 ad for anything. Less than 2 decades earlier cocaine in Coca-cola was a good plan as was heroin in toothpaste. Smoking was good to cure asthma the list is endless for bad ideas. So how do you believe the stove ad knowing these facts?
So...How do you believe you made the right choice when bought the Crane 404? It seems you are a nay-sayer. You seem as though you think the big brother or teacher ability lies within you and all others need your guidance. It seems you are over-zealous in your helping and fail to take time researching all aspects of the matter at hand, which means you have too much time on your hands and are ineffective in your self-inflicted advisory role. You are a worry wart and probably have little or no engineering experience and should not concern yourself with matters of such magnitude.
You should refrain from posting, but reading current publications may do you some good, if you can comprehend the material.
The poor example of the past you stated significantly shows that you have no regard for the pioneers of industry that preceded any of us. So...why was a question of inferiority raised by someone inferior?
Your inabilities appear in most all of your postings.
WOW
An armchair psychiatrist.
The 404 I can afford it and heats my house well thought of by others here before I bought it.
Big brother no but know the code and know the reason for it and been in too many burning buildings that thought it did not apply to them.
Engineering after you crew chief for 13 world speed records do design work for Nascar teams and have had my parts win for them provided engineering and parts to win the 24 hours of Daytona 4 times overall with as good as a 4 out of top five finish one year or done engineering for GM Ford Mazda and Exxon-Mobile call me. I suppose the US Patents were just a lucky accident as well.
I take things in context as what was common practice when a statement made and the 1920's there was very little in the way of advertising honesty not that there is much now only now the penalties fairly severe. The most laughable one is saying that heroin is good for 'female problems' LOL.

Telling someone they are wrong mistaken or don't understand the particular item with some set of facts to show it is fair enough. Personal attacks with zero knowledge of the person you are attacking is wildly off base. I just don't get it and thought a much more adult forum that doubting and questioning was fair if there are facts to offer to counter the doubt. Being an engineer I take nothing on face value so live in the land of why is this true and why is it the only solution.

Badger Freezer
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Orbon #244 Tileona Circulator
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut
Other Heating: LP Gas furnace...back-up only

Post by Badger Freezer » Sat. Nov. 28, 2015 12:20 pm

Who said anything about auto mechanics here? I'm sure this is a hand-fired coal stove forum and you definitely have a poor attitude and should not be allowed to have discussion on this forum.
Once again you refer to detrimental verbiage towards those pioneers of industry who laid the ground work for us to improve on. Your experience in the automotive industry may be slightly more than others, but how do you compare to someone with 44 years of coal fired boiler operation and repair and a master diesel mechanic and still licensed to perform those tasks? I didn't need a patent to make improvements. I just made them, for the US Government. Not really a good choice of analogy for you to use. And I out-ranked you, too.
You should read you own comments concerning someone speaking of those not familiar with another. Seems the shoe is on the other foot.
Rather, I'll be leaving this forum, since you don't seem trainable, nor do I believe you'll move forward from this matter, with a better perspective.

I'm sure you'll find a forum involving auto mechanics and can thump your chest there.

ddahlgren

Post by ddahlgren » Sun. Nov. 29, 2015 10:37 am

Out ranked ? Trainable? Your kidding right? I have no interest in getting into a peeing contest with you or anyone else but do find your elitist attitude interesting. You had me following along right up to rank and trainable and chest thumping. You asked about engineering ability so I offered a peek into part of it for you. Engineering is a mindset as much as a specific set of things. A good one listens to others reads a bunch, learns the math that describes the problem then solves it. They also don't believe anything that involves feelings or adherence to preconceived notions without testing and data. You should know that as you out rank me in your mind at least.

Let me give you a clue at well over 1200 posts some questions some answers none of the folks here never mentioned rank or trainable. None ever slighted me for a inappropriate response and doubt any doubted my sincerity to keep things safe so we all have a house and loved ones safe. That was my only goal in my thoughts about what you are doing. The greatest light of my life is my kids and grand daughter and if anything happened to them here on my watch thinking I knew more than NFPA or others I am not sure how I could face myself in the morning. If you can that is between you and your conscience not mine I tried.
Be well and good luck.

ddahlgren

Post by ddahlgren » Sun. Nov. 29, 2015 10:42 am

Moderator is there a way to shut this down as feel like I have been insulted enough and lacking the ambition to stoop any lower to respond.

Badger Freezer

Post by Badger Freezer » Sun. Jan. 19, 2020 8:06 am

The Orbon Tileona #244 is still putting out the heat.

Attachments

20200117_105632.jpg

90 years since it was manufactured

.JPG | 374.7KB | 20200117_105632.jpg

Badger Freezer

Post by Badger Freezer » Sun. Jan. 19, 2020 8:17 am

I've totally figured this stove out. Air controls are adjusted according to outside temperature and now I've learned to conserve coal. I never let my house get above 75*F. I only burn nut coal. I have yet to use more than two skids of Blashak in any winter. This stove heats 1750sqft. And it looks nice.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”