Harman MK 2 Pricing

first-timer

Post by first-timer » Sat. Feb. 09, 2008 11:51 pm

does anybody know what these stoves go for brand new ? :)
Last edited by first-timer on Sat. Apr. 01, 2017 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: aded pricing to title, please try and use more specific titles.

EasyRay
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC 2000
Coal Size/Type: Pea,Nut or Stove

Post by EasyRay » Sun. Feb. 10, 2008 12:17 pm

I think it depends on where you live. Here in CT at a dealer near me they were asking $1650 for a Mark 2.

bksaun
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Legacy SF-270
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503
Coal Size/Type: Stoker/Bit, Pea or Nut Anthracite

Post by bksaun » Sun. Feb. 10, 2008 8:35 pm

Localy, $1695.00 for the mark II, prices on the MK III go from $1865.00-$2300.00 Plus tax, dealer prices vary a lot in my area.

I just picked up a like new MK III today, only burned one time, owner had chimney issues. Keep a watchful eye, sometimes you can get a used one at a good price.

BK

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Sun. Feb. 10, 2008 9:16 pm

bksaun wrote:Localy, $1695.00 for the mark II, prices on the MK III go from $1865.00-$2300.00 Plus tax, dealer prices vary a lot in my area.

I just picked up a like new MK III today, only burned one time, owner had chimney issues. Keep a watchful eye, sometimes you can get a used one at a good price.

BK
So you will be burning 2 hand fed units?

bksaun
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Legacy SF-270
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503
Coal Size/Type: Stoker/Bit, Pea or Nut Anthracite

Post by bksaun » Sun. Feb. 10, 2008 9:49 pm

No, My Alaska Channing is a stoker, the Harman MK III will be used as a backup if I lose power or supplamental heat when it get's down to about 0* outside and the Channing is running it's gut's out.

Now I have best of both world's, guess these guy's will call me a cross dresser! :lol

I just could not pass this deal up, A MK III two years old that has only had one fire in it, it looks absolutely new! Plus 1 Ton (-1/2 bag) of bagged Blashak Nut coal and 3 sections of stove pipe that is still clean. For $1000.00. (Thanks again Jim.C)

BK

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Sun. Feb. 10, 2008 9:54 pm

I must be getting tired, I know perfectly well it's a stoker. Duh.
That's a good idea, and a good deal for the Harman. It's a lightweight isn't it!

elvinpw

Post by elvinpw » Mon. Feb. 11, 2008 11:06 pm

Just bought one a couple months ago.

Listen carefully to what they quote you. I was quoted $1529 for a mark II. But LATER learned that DOES NOT include the door. So, if you need one of those too, they cost $129 for a plain black model or some $429 for the fancy brass model.

Had I been reading this forum a little longer. I wouldhave shopped a littl longer for a used one. But I LOVE my stove. Very solid, well engineered, and efficient. If mine blew up today; I'd be out looking for another tonight.

MountainPreacher

Post by MountainPreacher » Sat. Feb. 16, 2008 1:44 pm

elvinpw wrote:Just bought one a couple months ago.

Listen carefully to what they quote you. I was quoted $1529 for a mark II. But LATER learned that DOES NOT include the door. So, if you need one of those too, they cost $129 for a plain black model or some $429 for the fancy brass model.

Had I been reading this forum a little longer. I wouldhave shopped a littl longer for a used one. But I LOVE my stove. Very solid, well engineered, and efficient. If mine blew up today; I'd be out looking for another tonight.

Sounds like a crooked dealership! That's like selling a car without its doors - never heard of any Harman Dealer, or any other for that matter, selling a stove without a door??? Weird.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Feb. 16, 2008 1:58 pm

MountainPreacher wrote: Sounds like a crooked dealership! That's like selling a car without its doors - never heard of any Harman Dealer, or any other for that matter, selling a stove without a door??? Weird.
Probably more like dealership not familiar with the product, seems to be the norm where the coal stoves are concerned. I've seen it mentioned that some of these dealerships don't or never even had them in stock. He was probably quoted a base price for the unit which doesn't include the door and the person quoting him the price didn't realize that the door wasn't included since you have a choice.

elvinpw

Post by elvinpw » Fri. May. 02, 2008 11:08 pm

Yes, that's exactly right. But the same thing happed at TWO different dealers. I honestly don't believe they had any maliscious intent. Suddenly acted TOTALLY shocked when I arrived on site for delivery. Believe it has more to do with unfamiliarity with coal stoves in general and interchangable doors in specific. Just be aware. And make sure you get a price WITH a door.

But I LOVE my stove! Staring into that glass window on a cold winter night looks like staring into the pits of Hades. And the feel of that heet from the fan exchanger is like a bit of heaven on a freezing cold night.

After savoring and learning to use it, (mostly from this forum and first hand experimentation), this winter. I'd RUN right out and buy another if anything happened to this one.

coal-cooker

Post by coal-cooker » Sat. May. 03, 2008 10:28 am

It is not the door, but the door trim I believe. You can get the door with just plane old cast iron trim or as mine has solid brass trim few more money. Ask if that is what they mean. The top of the door and the frame around the glass are both replacable. Brass looks real nice in the living room, but who gives a s*** in the basement.

Steve.N
Location: Crown Point, NY East side of the state about 130 miles above Albany

Post by Steve.N » Sat. May. 03, 2008 7:30 pm

Actually Richard is right on the mark. Harman changed the way that the stoves are priced out on their price sheet. Last year stoves were list priced complete then you added in any options that the customer wanted, like a gold door. This year the stoves are listed bare and you have to add the door, or in the case of the VF3000 the hopper and feeder. Harman comunicated this to us but I have to admit it is a stupid way to post a price list.

Uglysquirrel

Post by Uglysquirrel » Tue. May. 13, 2008 8:32 pm

Mark II 2008 with standard black door, got price of 1677 (includes 6% tax) in Vernon,CT .

EasyRay
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC 2000
Coal Size/Type: Pea,Nut or Stove

Post by EasyRay » Tue. May. 13, 2008 9:09 pm

Thats a good price. Now add in the price of a blower and all you need is coal.
I almost bought a MK 2, but I liked the larger ash pan of the TLC 2000. Besides my wife liked the looks of the TLC 2000. Imagine after all these years we finally were in agreement. :o

Uglysquirrel

Post by Uglysquirrel » Wed. May. 14, 2008 7:51 pm

And the TLC goes new for ?

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”