Baro Size and Location

djackman

Post by djackman » Fri. Feb. 08, 2008 12:53 am

I will be adding a baro damper to my stove soon but need some guidance on what size and where to put it. Currently there is a 4" pipe from the back of the stove going up vertical (about 4 foot run) to a 4"-6" adapter to a 90deg 6" elbow that goes into the flue.

#1 Use a 4" baro in the vertical run from the stove to the adapter?

#2 Replace the 6" elbow into the flue with a T, put 6" baro on other side?

For the times I need to reconnect gas furnace it would be easier to do #1 (sucks to do but the cat can't load the stove when I'm gone for 2-3 days, my friends are all coal/wood illiterate)

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Fri. Feb. 08, 2008 8:11 am

djackman wrote:I will be adding a baro damper to my stove soon but need some guidance on what size and where to put it. Currently there is a 4" pipe from the back of the stove going up vertical (about 4 foot run) to a 4"-6" adapter to a 90deg 6" elbow that goes into the flue.

#1 Use a 4" baro in the vertical run from the stove to the adapter?

#2 Replace the 6" elbow into the flue with a T, put 6" baro on other side?

For the times I need to reconnect gas furnace it would be easier to do #1 (sucks to do but the cat can't load the stove when I'm gone for 2-3 days, my friends are all coal/wood illiterate)
The baro should be sized to the chimney and not the stovepipe. This should help you determine what you need based on your chimney, just scroll to sizing. Your gas stovepipe can be refitted to go in before the baro.

http://www.fieldcontrols.com/draftcontrol.php#sizingdi

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”