MPD Location

ddahlgren
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by ddahlgren » Thu. Mar. 13, 2014 1:03 pm

Paul it is because measuring skin temp of the flue has little to do with what is in the center of the pipe. I am willing to bet the gas temp went up at least 100 degrees but the skin temp does no change that much due the boundary layer and turbulence at the surface of the pipe.

Glad you survived the cooking LOL. My now ex 3'd wife and yes 3 strikes and out there will be no #4, is the only Italian woman I have ever met that could not cook to the point scrambled eggs and bacon were confusing for her to figure out. Her mom Victoria was a kitchen savant 'the house of no bad meals' every holiday an event with a half dozen things to chose from as a main course and a dozen sides table set for 20 family members on average. When we remodeled the kitchen I told her I will lay it out with the exception of where the phone is and a small tv to catch the news while making coffee as I did all the cooking so as to not poison myself or her. She got to pick the phone as the only reliable thing she could make was reservations.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. Mar. 13, 2014 1:30 pm

ddahlgren wrote:Paul it is because measuring skin temp of the flue has little to do with what is in the center of the pipe. I am willing to bet the gas temp went up at least 100 degrees but the skin temp does no change that much due the boundary layer and turbulence at the surface of the pipe.

Glad you survived the cooking LOL. My now ex 3'd wife and yes 3 strikes and out there will be no #4, is the only Italian woman I have ever met that could not cook to the point scrambled eggs and bacon were confusing for her to figure out. Her mom Victoria was a kitchen savant 'the house of no bad meals' every holiday an event with a half dozen things to chose from as a main course and a dozen sides table set for 20 family members on average. When we remodeled the kitchen I told her I will lay it out with the exception of where the phone is and a small tv to catch the news while making coffee as I did all the cooking so as to not poison myself or her. She got to pick the phone as the only reliable thing she could make was reservations.
If the board of health doesn't stop me, next time I'm cooking dinner, I'll use the stack probe and compare it to the IR gun readings.

Wow, an Italian girl who's mother can cook, but she can't ? You sure she wasn't adopted ? :D All the Italian gals I've ever known were very good cooks, as were their mothers, grandmothers, etc. Heck, even most of their men folk were good cooks !!!

I'm lucky. My girlfriend's mother was the local school Home Economics teacher. She loves to cook, she's very good at it, . . . and I've got the waist line to prove it !!!! :D

Paul

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”